10 Weeks Stomach Bug

MiracleBaby

Reaction score
Hello

Just a quick email, I am 10 weeks pregnant and had a scan on friday and baby looked so good, wriggling round, then saturday morning developed a stomach bug which lasted about 15 hours then it eased off. I do have alot of morning sickness but this was horrendous. I have spoken to hospital this morning and they reassured me baby will be fine. Just to get my fluids back up as the sickness was violent. But has anyone else had a stomach bug whilst pregnant??

Thanks in advance

Lindzi x

Last edited:
I had a really bad tummy bug for a week. It was awful ESP on top of morning sickness.

If u can, get some dyralite (think that's how it's spelt) n drink loads of water.

If ur hungry, get some self raising flour n make small dumplings n fry them until they are golden/dark brown n eat. That will help if u got the trotts. Oh and again loads of water. Add some lemon juice.
Get well soon hunny

Hi Lindzi,

I had a gastric infection when I was around 14weeks, I've suffered from hyperemisis all through my pregnancy so that on top was horrific! I was hospitalised as I couldn't even keep the tiniest amounts of water down & put on a drip.
Now just over 21 weeks, still being horrifyingly sick (tho the bug has long gone) & bubs is as happy as larry! She hasn't noticed at all, apparantly they don't which is good! I would
never want her to feel the way I have! You'll be fine hun, he or she is in their own little world, they take your fat stores before they starve which is why u feel/felt so appalling!x

Also my doc said it's very common in preg as our immune systems are supresssed so we catch anything going! x

I've had a tummy bug twice so far, one of which was probably the worst I've ever felt in my life! Midwife told me to drink lots of water and sports drinks afterwards. It definitely scared me a bit but baby was fine when we had a scan at 9 weeks. x

Thank you all for your help, I feel alot better today but staying off work just to make sure i am rested. I have been on orange lucazade and water from yesterday and had some toast.

My normal morning sickness seems ok too just very nausea so hopefully coming to the end of that soon too. I was sick normally 2-3 times yesterday and only once today so that's good.

I have never felt so ill and frightened it was so horrendous, but thank you all for making me feel so much better.

It was also nice to see baby on friday morning before this bad sickness started it was kicking around :)

Lindzi xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back