• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will you let anyone know when your in Labour?

Tasha20

Reaction score
Apart from like letting your OH know and you ladies, will you let anyone else know when your in Labour?

As im having a home birth I don't want anyone to know apart from OH and his mum and dad otherwise I will be getting calls all day asking " is she here yet " :roll: It would drive me mad.
The thing that gets me with family, is if she was here you would know! :roll:

I dont' know I just want to be left to get on with it and left to go on here for awhile if its during the day :rotfl:

no im not letting anyone know until ive had it. Apart ofcourse for the people who are going to habve my kids.
Im hoping i have the baby after 8pm so all the kids are tucked up in bed though and then i won't have to tell a soul. That would be so lovely i think. Having my mum and dad living next door though it might be tricky with the midwife coming in and out :think: Ill see how it goes.

I know from experience how bloody irritating it is to have people phoning every five mins asking if ive had it yet etc. So i shall try and keep it quiet.

After its born i shall inform everyone though but i shall ban visitors for 5 days.

Me and OH live with his parents because of the business ( I must add they are absolutly fantastic! couldnt have asked for better inlaws!)

And they are really supportive, its going to be abit weird with them around but she couldnt be more loved already, I have already said that I don't want to see any of their family for at least a week I think it would be too much.

yes it would. thats the good thing of having a baby in hospital you can rest inbetween visitors. But at home there could possibly be an endless stream of visitors.
im shutting my blinds and staying in my jp's for a week after. I did it last time too and its so lovely.

Some mothers get up and about too soonand then wonder why they are knackered! I did with my first two. Thought i was superwoman and its really not worth it. I take all the help i can get now and enjoy the rest. :D

I am going to let my family know. especially mum cause shes coming in with me and oh. Im planning to stay in the unit for a few days after so its only 2 visitors over a couple of hours. And with family like ours you need only 2 at a time!! but the majority of family and friends Im not seing till Im settled at home.(apart from our best friends!)

xx

Ive got to let my parents know so they can look after zack, wouldnt like to take him into the delivery room with me :? lol ....OHs parents will know. But thats about it. Word will probably spread though, it always does. Going to end up having a house full of OHs family when I get home from hospital :cry: lol

well if its not whay you want tell them not to come till you phone them violet.

People kept phoning the hospital to see how I was getting on......my nosey neighbour even phoned and pretended to be my aunt to get some info :shock: So wont be telling a blooming soul. I keep hoping I'll go while my dd is in school and I'll have had him during that time so OH can just go and collect her quietly, then we'll let everyone know. I feel very protective of my family and am determined my daughter will be the first to see him and hold him without the pressure of other family members
I was lambasted with visitors last time and found the whole experience exhausting and upsetting as I needed to be just me, OH and LO. Obviously if LO decides to arrive at an awkward time then I'll obviously have to let my parents know as they are having DD for us.

I hadn't really thought about it. I want my mum with me so i guess i will be telling my parents, but i think i will keep it to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back