which adverts do you remember

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
from your childhood?

Random i know but im just curious, might bring back some memories

Some of you might be too young to remember the same ones i do but here are the ones i remember

the Scotch videotape advert with the skeleton where he said 're-records, wont fade away, re-records wont fade away' I think he had a parrot on his shoulder

also the Ariston washing machine advert where there were loads of people on the screen doinf all sorts of things and kept repeating them in sequence (difficult to describe) but it always fascinated me.

I remember various castlemaine xxxx ads with chilled out aussie blokes trying to save their lager from disaster

OMG - I remember the Scotch videotape one now :rotfl:

libs said:
OMG - I remember the Scotch videotape one now :rotfl:

Me too. I'd forgot about that one.
I can't think of any off hand but I'll have a think :think:

tomato ketchup...'oooohhh alfie..i'll av a bit on the side'

When i was a kid the neighbour was an old man called alfie.. my mum was in the garden chattin to him..and i came out after havin seen the advert for the 1st time.. and said this to the old guy alfie... my mother hadnt seen the advert and gave me such a clip round the lughole!!! :shock:

The one for Unigate where the milk bottles all dance along beside the milkman.

The 'charlie says' adverts for child safety - absolutely hilarious. You can re-watch them all on Youtube too!

Grab a 10p, get on your BMX bike
go straight to the cornershop and say that you would like

some SUPER CRUNCHIES! come in 6 delicous flavors
SUPER CRUNCHIES! are the snacks for me

Super Crunchies only cost 10p

God I'm old :shock:

mum was at the bingo
and the old was out of town
they said that I could party so I called my mates around
spot a little diamond in the corner on her own
lads would try it on but end up with their fuses blown
so while the party's jumping I step in for some old chat
and let her share my pint on milk because its cool for cats its cool for cats

cooooooool for caaaaaaaaats!!! :rotfl: Now on a scale of one to ten how sad am I!!!

Also know another milk one off by heart where Ian Rush says if I drink a pint of milk I'll be good enough to play for Ackrington Stanley said in scouse accent!

Kia Ora, I'll be your dawg!!!

PG Tips:

Monkey on bed trying on clothes in front of mum:

You don't like it do you? You think it's common don't you? Where are you meeting him then - swimming pool!!

I am really not that bad, me and my Granddad used to do adverts together, whenever I saw him we would have memorised a new one to show off (he's no longer with us but I bet he is up there laughing about the kiaora!!)

tangerinedream said:
also the Ariston washing machine advert where there were loads of people on the screen doinf all sorts of things and kept repeating them in sequence (difficult to describe) but it always fascinated me.

On, and on, and on like ariston. :rotfl: Yep I remember them all, I'm obviously an old fart too :D

Looking at the flake ad on youtube- my mum always used to say it was rude but i thought she was mad, its only a woman eating a chocolate bar. have you seen it. shes very sexual with that flake, in a boat floating round a big cave with water tubmling everywhere!! :shock: i can kind of see what she meant now- how rude :oops:

'I bet he drinks Careling Black Label'

There were loads, but I remember the squirrel doing an assault course to get to the nuts and the 'bouncing bomb' one.

Or the iconic Levi 501 ads. Who can forget Nick Kamen in the launderette? Or my personal fave, a just famous Brad Pitt posing outside a prison to T-Rex's 21st century boy. Fab!

Off to Youtube to check 'em out...... :D

frangelle said:
Prudential- 'I want to be a tree' in a brummy accent :rotfl:

Oh, how did I forget THAT! I was at uni in Liverpool in 1995 and everyone would say 'We wanna enjoy the gaaarden' to me because it's like, soooo funny :roll: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back