When to go and get each other checked out?

Gruntie2

Reaction score
Well... not pregnant this month yet again.... my hubby and I have been dicussing going to the doctors to get both ourselves checked out in that dept..... whens the best time... we've only been trying since August last year... what do u all recommend?

I went to my doctors when I had been trying 6 months and they did blood tests and checked all of my hormone levels etc and everything was fine, I caught pregnant just a week or two after I got the results :)

Its worth going to see them as it really put my mind at rest! Not sure about the mans side though as we didnt get that far.

Good luck hun x

We went to the docs after a year and were told to come back when its been 18 months, but we went back just a couple months later and pushed for tests.

They will always test spermies first as its the easiest and cheapest test to rule that out, and then they will test you. I had just had my progesterone test to check im ovulating when we caught :D

I guess theres no harm in going to your docs at anytime as some are more likely to test earlier than others, plus its good to get a general health check, get folic acid prescribed, and go through medical records to check for any possible genetic problems. (we done this when we started trying as OH is a beta thalasemia carrier and I had to be tested)

most docs won't do a thing till a year to two years depending on your age.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back