• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was your baby like after his/her first injections?

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Jacob had his on Tuesday afternoon. He has been so sleepy and has been feeling hot with red cheeks. I took his temperature a couple of times yesterday and it was normal. I did give him some Calpol yesterday because he was grizzly but I don't really want to keep giving him it if he doesn't need it! Not sure what I should do :? He slept for 12 hours last night, has been awake for an hour and a half this morning and has just gone back to sleep again!

Is this normal after injections? If so, how many days will it last?

The nurse said he might get a high temp the night he had them and to give him Calpol then he should be ok :?

leland didnt have a temp but felt hot n sweety and he was sooooo tired ! docs just said let them sleep it off , he went off his food too only taken like 3 oz instead of 6 , its been 2 weeks now and altho were going through a fussing bottle stage i dont think its related to jabs so id say he was back to normal after a week at most

leah was off the rest of the day and night..... was hot and sweart, and wouldnt settle at all
but the day after she was fine

libbie was sleepy for that day and then bck to normal the next day. she had a bit of a temp but thats about it! x

kayla was off for that night and the next day, she had a temp n just slept n slept, so just gave her calpol. her leg also really swelled up where injection went.

xxxx

Ellie didnt have any symptoms but has been off last night and today so wondering if its a delayed reaction as she had her injections on monday? :think:

She was very sleepy so i let her sleep it off but luckily never developed a temperature or anything.

Thanks for your replies :D

Jacob has been a bit brighter this afternoon, still hot and sweaty though! I guess all babies react in different ways.

Gymbabeliz... it was his first immunisations.... Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio, Pneumococcal and HIB. They get two injections, one in each leg.

Happy_chick... Ellie might have had a delayed reaction I guess. How is she now?

Lilys had her second lot today and she is NOT a happy bunny :cry: Shes just not herself. Screaming and flushed and not wanting her food. Poor little pudding :cry:

Awwww bless her :hug: It's awful isn't it?! I'm dredding his next ones in 4 weeks!

awww poor thing... lil miss was quite sleepy, but she was more clingy and wanted the boob all the time... I think the pain scared her... she also had sore lil thighs with lil bruises which I couldn't touch for a few days without her throwing a fit... :(

Edit: to say they were also very hot with lumps on her thighs...

Full of hope! said:
Happy_chick... Ellie might have had a delayed reaction I guess. How is she now?

She seems a lil better but had a bad night last night, she decided she wanted feeding loads (which is totally unlike her) but today she seems fine :)

Kenzo is always a bit grumpy a day or two after his injections but he never has any temperature or anything.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back