What to expect?

maridunn

Reaction score
What should I expect at my hospital appointment tomorrow? Im feeling really nervous for some reason. Got it inot my head that for some reason they arent going to be able to find anything...that everything has been in my head!

My letter says i'll be weighed, my height measured and urine tested. Do I then have the scan? I'm either going to be 8weeks and 4 days or 12weeks, what will i be able to see on the scan? How much should I drink in order to have full bladder? I cant drink too much or il be needing to wee even before i get there!

Sorry for all the questions...poor hubby is getting tired of my worrying!

Hi!
Sorry not much help as they do everything differently over here. I'm 11 weeks had an early scan & blood tests but haven't yet been weighed/measured (not sure if any logic in that?!)

Just take a bottle of water with you in case they do a scan, think they will give you a scan date in place though... then all of the checks. The others will be more helpful on this one - sorry.

I think most people don't feel that it's real until the 12 week scan or until an obvious bumps develops. Other than feeling like poo (bit less now) nothing else makes me feel preggers!
x

Sounds like your booking in appointment to me. Dating scan is done at 12 weeks and they will notify you of the date by letter soon.

i have already seen the midwife and filled in all the forms and had blood tests done etc. the bottom of the letter says that its normal to have a scan at the first ante-natal appointment. i just figured that this was it?
when i saw the midwife a few weeks ago she said that she would get the stuff sent to the hospital and i would have a letter in the next 2-3 weeks with an appointment for the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back