• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What a day-could quite easily throttle someone!

Little Bump

Reaction score
And it's nowhere near over!

Firstly I've been having to ignore the housephone as it seems to be constantly ringing, from some 0845 number and when I answer there's nothing but beeping :evil: I googled the number and apparantly it's some company who aren't related to sky TV but try and sell you insurance for your equipment. I've had 8 phonecalls from them already today, several yeterday and they even phoned at ten past nine last night! I'm annoyed as my number's registered to avoid this....and it's not even as though there's anyone there to tell them to fuff off...so I've resorted to ignoring it. I tried unplugging the phone but have an outside bell so it's just as disruptive. Have been online and logged their nuisance calls, and judging from the amount of disgruntled people commenting on them and those who've also logged it hopefully they'll stop soon.

Then I got on the wrong side of the shetland pony and ended up with a hefty kick to my shoulder. Stupid OH didn't put his dog away properly, he spends the day in the courtyard in the middle of the stables and the idiot didn't shut the door properly so he ended up in the barn with the horses. The pony had kicked him, I shoved the pony's bum out the way to grab the dog and something made the pony jump, so just as I bent to grab the dogs collar the pony shot backwards and lashed out, getting my shoulder.

Cue a string of very words.

THEN (oh yes, there's more!) I popped my head over each door checking the horses were ok for everything and the stupid afore mentioned shetland ponys friend, an even stupider pony it seems, had decided to leave her hay and eat her entire bed.

Doesn't sound too bad until I add that the horse and pony bedding is a paper based product :? and there were 3 bales worth, equalling the equivalent of approximately 6-8 binbags of a cross cut type of shredded paper.....

So now I'm waiting for the vet as I can't see that amount going through naturally :evil:

Oh and my vet, who has 2 clinics, of course isn't at the local one today, oh no, that'd be too easy, too simple for my day, he's at the Boton one, meaning the call out fee alone is £49 and odd-pence, before VAT....before he's even looked at her. Looking at her is another £32 and oddpence, then there's treatment.....something to stimulate the gut and bowel probably, so it's going to be over £100 providing there's no problems, and there will be horse squits in abundance to boot.....

And it's not even 4pm yet.

Aww, bless ya. I've had vet callouts and they're just a rip off! Especially in the daytime! And i hate nuisance calls. We quit answering the phone full stop! I had my mobile if i was needed.

I think you need to relax the rest of the afternoon (after the vets been of course!)

Beau (the dog) is fine thanks lol. I think he was more 'brushed' with the foot than actually kicked, and screamed in anticipation (he's been kicked before when we forst got him and he took it upon himself to act sheepdog and herd the horses up)

He's a big rottie and isn't much smaller than the pony, who's only 32", I just had to dive in there as he was in the corner and it could have been quite nasty otherwise. I've felt him all over and there doesn't seem to be any tender spots, he was happily trying to kiss me and has been running around playing with an half old car tyre for the past hour-he gets his kicks in strange ways lol and destroys most dog toys in 30 seconds flat, so I assume he's ok. Neighbours think I've finally lost it as I've spent the last hour in and out the house pleading with pony to poo :rotfl: Needless to say she hasn't. Of course that would mean something was going right, which of course isn't in todays interests.

Lisa, I'm not going to bother with the housephone either I don't think. I can do 1471 afterwards, and anyne likely to need me has my mobile number. I'm fed up of heaving me and bump to the phone, only to hear either an automated message telling me I've won a holiday to florida, or whatever, and to call 0906..... or just hearing beeps :evil:

It seems they only call this often when heavily pregnant! We had it all the time and by the time i'd got off the sofa to answer it i'd be mad coz it'd be a wasted effort, then have to go to the loo/get food! Lol

I was fuming! I'd let them know that too whenever someone was on the other end!

Little Bump said:
Lisa, I'm not going to bother with the housephone either I don't think. I can do 1471 afterwards, and anyne likely to need me has my mobile number. I'm fed up of heaving me and bump to the phone, only to hear either an automated message telling me I've won a holiday to florida, or whatever, and to call 0906..... or just hearing beeps :evil:

I kept getting the calls with a fog horn going off then telling me I've won a cruise. While I was screaming abscenities down the phone at them as I had to keep getting up while feeding a baby it suddenly put me through to a person :shock: :shock: :shock: .
Just hang on when they ring if it's automated and you will speak to someone who will then take your number off there list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back