• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Ryan was weighed again today and he's only 12lb4oz. He's put on 4oz in the past month :(

He hardly drinks any milk, at best he'll take about 3oz at each feed. I see other babies his age with chubby little legs and arms and he's not like that.

I just want him to be ok :(

Did your HV say anything about his weight? What centile is he on?

Yeah she said he's gone down on the chart, he's in the 25th centile :?

hey kirsty,
how many weeks is Ryan now, is it about 12 weeks? i just looked in my notes and Evie was around the same weight at that age too (well 13lb), but maybe its different for boys and girls?
sorry im notmuch help, i hope Ryan picks up with his feeding soon :hug: .

little*red said:
hey kirsty,
how many weeks is Ryan now, is it about 12 weeks? i just looked in my notes and Evie was around the same weight at that age too (well 13lb), but maybe its different for boys and girls?
sorry im notmuch help, i hope Ryan picks up with his feeding soon :hug: .

Thanks, thats made me relax a bit :hug:

He was heavy at birth and he's only put on 3lb 4oz since then, I just thought he should weigh more by now. Oh well, we'll see how he goes :)

Just looked in Aimees red book and she was 12lb 4oz at 11 weeks and she was 8lb 11oz born. She only used to drink 7-10oz a day and shes perfectly healthy. Shes still the same now though at almost 21 months. Always has me worrying cos she never eats.

kellie80 said:
Just looked in Aimees red book and she was 12lb 4oz at 11 weeks and she was 8lb 11oz born. She only used to drink 7-10oz a day and shes perfectly healthy. Shes still the same now though at almost 21 months. Always has me worrying cos she never eats.

Im glad Ryans not the only one. Its just with him being in SCBU when he was born Im scared he'll end up in hospital if he isnt feeding properly. I know Im just being stupid but Im a mummy so its my job to worry :shakehead: :lol:

Awww hun, its so easy to worry isn't it.......I'm sure its just that with being a bigger birth weight he is evening off a bit, I'm sure my HV told me the bigger the borth weight the less they feed as they already have store :think:
Libby wsa 12.12 at 11+2 :hug:

Emmylou said:
Awww hun, its so easy to worry isn't it.......I'm sure its just that with being a bigger birth weight he is evening off a bit, I'm sure my HV told me the bigger the borth weight the less they feed as they already have store :think:
Libby wsa 12.12 at 11+2 :hug:

Yeah hun, I have found that! My lightest baby was 6lb 11oz and she piled the weight at a much faster rate than the other two. You wouldn't be normal if you didn't worry all that time :hug: Definatly the worst part about having kids is you worry none stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back