Water

babsi

Reaction score
It has been around 34 degrees here with a high humidty.

I am giving Kai water and he is having it fine. The other day he had 3 and a half ounces in one go. Before Monday he wouldn't have water at all.

I phoned up somewhere and of course I get told that a baby gets everything from the milk. But I am going by my baby, he wouldn't take 3 and a half ounces if he wasn't thirsty. I think if we are thirsty more then baby's are. And he always drinks his milk, the water doesn't affect his appetite at all.

But what is a reasonable amount in total each day? I have 5oz's in a bottle each day (I know I should use a cup, but he hasn't got the hang of sucking yet), and on Monday he took all of it spread across the day, yesterday only 2oz's. Today 1oz so far.

Why can't I just get a straight answer when I phone up somewhere. If he wasn't thirsty then he wouldn't have it. And I hate the thought of him being like that.

is he breast fed?

its stupid the conflicting iformation me get well lasti was told by my HV wasbreast fed babies dont need waterbottle fed do, but then some people say there is anough water in formula...

i always give my babys water, harley is 6 weeks and i give him water when he is wanting a feed before he is due
he loves it too

even if babies dont NEED water, im sure it must be nice and refreshing for them milk must leave their mouths real dry

Dionne, he is formula fed.

This is what I am going by.

Before hot weather - hated water
Hot weather starts - loves water

Also when I called I was asked how everything is going?, is it my 1st baby?, like I had a problem because I just wanted to know roughly how much water to give.

Also he only has it at room temperature, hates it cool.

Aimee won't touch her milk if shes thirsty she will cry till i give her some water then drink a couple of ozs. Like you said it doesn't really affect thier appetite.

Breastfed babies do not need any water. If it is hot your milk adjusts so there is more of the foremilk (the drink). Breastmilk is both food and drink so will refresh them and fill them up :D

I would give as much as he wants if you know what I mean. I can't believe you were told that formula milk contains enough and you should not give water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back