very dark green treacle like poo

pammie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My son is 7 weeks old and for the past week his poo has been treacle like consistancy and very very dark green, I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and is it normal/what causes it. he has been on the same milk for 6 weeks so nothing in his diet has changed. He doesnt seem in pain when he poos but it is very smelly.
I will be going the docs tommorrow but wondered if anyone can help before then, am i worrying about nothing?
thanks Pam xxxx

Greeny poop can indicate wind!! Nothing to worry about but always better to ask the doc just incase!! :D Lola's poop changes colour daily haha

hi
He is on cow and gate comfort first for comfortable digestion. its more like a treacle consistancy and has turned quite watery.
I phoned the docs for advice and he said to bring him in this afternoon. because my eldest son had a malrotated bowel that came apparent at 7 weeks they want to be extra careful they dont miss it with sam (the doc had told me it was because he was on formula and we ended up in A&E) so going to take a pooy nappy in (lovely) although now he is refusing to poo haha, the only one we have is like green pond water
will let you know how he gets on thanks girls
xx

just got back from the docs, who was very bizzare and scatty, he said he has an infection and might have a temporary lactose intolerance because of it,
he seemed more interested in my eldest sons condition, and said that i need to keep an eye on sam for the same problem, he has given me a note to give to the hospital if i suspect sam is getting worse and if vomiting starts, so its just a waiting game and hope that sam hasnt got the same condition as my eldest
xx

pilkers said:
If it any help Evie was on the exact same formula and her poo's were always green and they really stank!!

Hope everything gets sorted! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Same. We were told this green, watery poo was "normal" on this type of milk but there was no way I was letting that continue so we switched back to the milk we'd been using before.

thanks for that. will look into swapping milk if it continues

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back