Very cleansing...

titch

Reaction score
.... Ive just very nearly finished sorting out my room at my parents house. THere are no more boxes under my bed :shock: I have an empty wardrobe, empty shelves, empty desk. Found 8 mobile phones...whats that website where they give you money for them?

I filled 5 bin liners, a mountain of stuff to be shredded, bank statements from 10 years ago :shock: .I have 10 boxes of various shapes and sizes and 1 trunk full of 'stuff' The biggest box by far is my 'memories' its been so therapeutic going through and finidng little mementos like tickets and my school leavers books. I've kept them all and bought a big scrap book that I intend to document my life in with all these bits n bobs n photos. Ill prbably get round to it in about 5 years time!!! Should start before baby arrives, will be nice to look through with him/her when he/she's older. "look this is a letter, its how we communicated before the internet was invented(!)"

I feel very proud of myself, Id like to put all my boxes in a neat corner of the room so the rest looks tidy but Im not allowed to push or lift them and I feel bossy making someone else do it just for the sake of my tidiness!

Next time I come home my furniture will all be moved around and there will be baby furniture here and a single bed!!! My parents live a 2 hour drive away so my Mums decided to buy duplicate baby things like cots and changing mats for here so that it will be easy for me to get in the car and visit without having to hire a removal company for all the stuff :)

Feels like it really is the beginning of a new phase of my life now.

www.envirophone.com I think. 8 phones :shock:

I am VERY impressed! Can you come do my walk in storage room upstairs now? :lol: Been ignoring that for over a year now.

Sounds like you've done brilliantly hun, must feel really good to have it all sorted out :)

:shakehead: This took me 5 days, Im not doing any more!!!

Ive been ignoring this stuff for about 5 years since I finished uni. I threw away so many lecture notes!!

Start of the new life :) Im feeling emotional aboutit all today :cry:

I'm not surprised hun :hug: Its ok to feel emotional

Big changes are emotional :hug: Especially when you're pregnant as well :hug:

Sounds really cathartic, though.

You've motivated me into making a list (have to have a list to do before I can do something...must be some odd OCD I have) so cheers, Tiny!

Congrats on getting it all done :yay:

i cant wait to do mine again!! its such a strange feeling afterwards isnt it!!

yeah my rooms not really my room anymore :( Ive got to drive back to cardiff now and start all over agian with our rental house. Shouldnt be as difficult though, we only moved there in august and left most of my cr*p here!

It's all a bit nostalgic doing that. I actually think I cried whilst I did mine - thinking too oh holy god if the parents ever found out what went on in this room when I was a teenager they'd freak. Grinning like a bad girl I left!!

Its so liberating isnt it? When I moved to Australia we got rid of/donated/recycled/sold 90% of our stuff, we then shipped 7 boxes of our things mostly sentimental stuff and moved with only that and two suitcases. Two years later we migrated home sending a 20ft container PACKED full of stuff! I am close to having one hell of a clear out! :)

wow! That must be amazing to declutter everything and start a new life abroad. Amazing how quickly it builds up eh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back