UPDATE. Had Scan today! UPDATED with PICS!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all your messages and support. I am feeling more positive today. Not 100% but alot better!

Well i had my scan at the hospital. It was just for a research study i volunteered for before i was pregnant. Thats why i've had scans at 7, 11, 19 and 34 weeks. So i wasn't having it because they thought anything was wrong.

Anyways....

She did loads of measurements and his head circumfrence and abdominal circufrence were in the 95th centile and were measuring around 37 weeks + :shock: :shock:

His other measurements were around average for 34 weeks. She also checked amniotic fliud ad blood flow in the brain and cord. So it was very interesting!

Because of the measurements the machine showed me as being due on the 1st of June!! 2 weeks ahead of my due date of the 13th!

They also estimated his current weight as 6lb 2oz. Although she said there is an error of about 14oz. But she said he is likley to ba around 9lb. Big but not abnormally large!

Oh my lord, 6lb 2oz already, and i'm supposed to have six weeks left. I don't think i'll be making that due date!

Got a couple of pics but they are not great but i will scan them in Friday at work.

Also agreed to do another scan in 2 weeks to research blood flow into the liver.

So all in all very informative scan! And i got her double check he was a boy, and saw for myself this time, lol!

Here are two pics. I find they make more sense from a distance. They are just of his face, head on, and a hand. Top of his head is sort of bottom right, at a slight angle going towards the left. They are only clear when you can make out his eyes and nose and stuff.

34weeknut2.jpg

34weeknut.jpg

Looks a bit like the marshmallow man from ghostbusters, scary face.

Love Laura and her monster baby!
xxxxxxxxx

im glad your feeling more posisitve :) bet the scans were interesting i would have loved that when i was having nathan. looks like youll be getting and early delivery

yes that does sound very interesting.... i'm glad buba is okay, and looks like you might pop earlier then you think...

did you mange to speak to the midwife about how you been feeling?

hope it all get sorted real soon.. p.s did you get my tex??

Hey Neeko!

I was just gonna pm you! Yeah thanks for the message was really nice to know you were thinking of me, i got on the way back from the hospital.

I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet and i think i'll wait till friday as i am seeing her at 10am. So i hope to have a chat then.

I am feeling a bit better though so hopefully it was just hormones!

Anyway i'm starting to think i wont have long left until i meet this little man. By the sounds of the scan anyway! So i'd better cheer up and pack my hospital bags, lol!

Lau
x

hun you'll be fine... it's just the emotions of it all... but it will be over soon :hug:

keep ypur head up :hug:

so glad ur feeling better :hug: u seem much more positive! x

Hi

So glad you are feeling better and so glad yoru scan went well , isnt it great to see your little man again. Cant wait to see pics
Katrina

So pleased to read everything went well at your scan. That's great that you have the opportunity to get extra scans and be checked over so thoroughly (plus you are helping with research!). :D

6lb isn't a bad weight for a baby when it's born so it sounds like your LO will be a really good size.

:hug:

But if he is 6lb now, what will he be in 6 weeks when i'm due!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL! What a little monster. Better not buy any more newborn stuff, lol!

Lau
x

What beautiful scan pics, so clear really, he looks so comfy :hug:

Thankyou,

Maybe he got so annoyed being poked and proded at the scan he decided to move down a bit and hide in my pelvis :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lovely to hear you're feeling better Laura, and glad all's well with your LO and very best wishes :hug:

OH i reckon!

Well i hope he does as he was a cute baby. With a cubby face. Now he's tall and lanky tho, lol!

I bet he will have OH's hair too. Really tight brown curly hair, like a pot noodle :rotfl:

Lau
x

lmarszall said:

isnt it weird, this is my last scan pic, and the same as yours its the face lol...

bailey27weeks.jpg

mine looks more scarier though argh!!!

:rotfl:

They are all a bit scary when they are cloe ups of the face i think.

Here is a 20 week one of his face, i think it is really scary:

19wkpeanut3.jpg

What do you think :)

Lau
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members