Time for antenatal???

pilkers

Reaction score
Has anyone booked their antenatal classes yet?

I've been told (by one of those people who always offer you well meaning advice but really do it to make you bl**dy nervous!) that I should have booked in already :think:

Just wondering when is the right time to book a course and where on earth do I find one!? My midwife hasn't talked to me about any of this stuff yet...she hasn't even mentioned the birth either...just gave me a 20 minute lecture on breastfeeding at my first 8 week appointment! :shock:

When I went for my 20 week scan they gave me a leaflet saying when you get to 24 weeks you should call them to book onto the antenatel class in your area.

I was having a nosey in Tri 3 not long ago & loads of them were saying they haven't been to any though :shock:

I was told also to book them after the 20 wk scan. So think you should be ok, just ask at your next apointment.

I went to antenatal classes with my first but i havent been to any since. I'm not going to go this time either.

I start my parentcraft classes in 2 weeks time. It was all arranged for me and was just told when and where to go. xx

They last for 2 hours over 4 weeks. xxx

When i saw my midwife for the 1st time.. she mentioned them to me and gave me a leaflet with a email address and phone number on... she recommended to book at around 18 weeks as they get full quite fast... I booked mine when i was 16 1/2 weeks... just to make sure i got an evening class.... - they start at the end of Nov..... hubbys not looking forward to them LOL - he'd prefer to go to the breastfeeding classes.. but i told him.. these are for females only.. he was well disappointed... MEN!!!!

They only have parent craft classes in Spanish...my midwife said that I "HAVE" to go on them....(what?? She gona stop me having the baby if I dont :rotfl: )...also the leaflet said...learning to be a good parent... which I find offensive considering I should be given 8 years of course credit!... I would like to go though and meet other mothers...but in all honesty I don't think I will bother.

nct is so booked up down here i dont think ill be able to get on course now!! so doing hypobirthing and yoga classes instead!! x

I've just been for my MW appointment & she said have you booked your antenatal classes yet? I said the leaflet said to do it at 24 weeks & she said just ring & book it now as they get full really quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back