• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This Forum has just made me feel so much better!!

gemmap27

Reaction score
Dont get to come on here very often these days
I have just read some of the threads on BLW. I didnt really know what it was till now. Should have read them ages ago!!

I have had a terrible week with Alex. I have cooked allsorts of food mashed it even went back to blending but the minute I put it near his mouth on spoon he closed his mouth and refused to eat. He was always a good eater and loved veg. He wasnt ready to use the spoon himself but didnt want me to feed him. All I had been able to give him was stuff he could feed himself and was running out of ideas. I ended up in tears after he refused to eat a dinner I cooked yesterday.
I was worried I was getting a fussy eater. I ended up feeling like I was a bad mum! and was doing something wrong.
Having read the BLW threads I now realise that its normal for him not to want to be spoon fed. I have also seen some fab ideas for finger foods. I am now going to put the blender away and just give him stuff he can feed himself! Funny though he will still have a yoghurt from the spoon!

Just want to say a big thank you!!!
Dont know what I would do without this site!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It's horrible when you cook for them and they refuse it. We have done a mix of BLW and puree's, although our *puree's* were always more lumpy than anything and it's gone quite well.

Luke eats things like bread, fish fingers, waffles, chicken nuggets, peas, sweetcorn, sandwiches.. loads of stuff.

Good luck with it hun xxxxx

Glad you found something that will suit you and your LO. BLW is great its really good fun at mealtimes in our house and Maia seems to be loving her food, although she does stress sometimes when food has a skin on and she cant quite spit it out, stuff like grapes and new potatoes.

Why not post your progress in the BLW Blog so we can steal some of your meal ideas :D

Also theres a Baby Led Weaning Forum you might be able to get some meal ideas from there too http://forum.babyledweaning.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back