Text Buddies

Ani

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been giving the whole text buddy thing some thought and I am thinking that as I am not that well-known on here, there is not much point. What do most people do? Does everyone have a text buddy? Or do some people just disappear off the radar for a few days and return with pics of their bundle of joy?

Would appreciate advice.

Hiya :wave:

I'm new (ish) and don't have a text buddy either. I know 2 members on here pretty well, so was going to text one or the other, it'll be the other now, as one's just had her baby, but I'll offer my services as your text buddy if you want?

I'll happily update the forum as and when things happen and how things are progressing for you, whether you're a new member, old member, regular poster, random poster it's such a lovely place here and everyone's genuinely interested in other members health, labours, babies etc so don't feel as you're not posting X amount of times per day noone will be interested :hug:

Let me know if you want me to be your buddy and I'll PM you my contact details xx

I dont have a text buddy either.... most people seem to know each other quite well though so i have always just stood back :)
little bump... did you know me & you are due only a day apart :D

I don't have a text buddy either, but I have 3 on another forum so I think it'll just start getting really confusing if I had different buddies to text from different forums lol. It's nice to think that people will be interested to know how you're getting on, but I'm not really that active on this forum so I don't expect many would be that bothered tbh. Although I'm really nosey and just love a good labour thread regardless of who's it is lol!

Hi, and thanks for your replies.

LittleBump, thanks for the offer. I will bear that in mind. :hug:

Well I've followed you through the tris hun ;) Always made sure to see how you are doing. So you are known to me. I'd certainly wonder if all was well if you dropped off the planet for a few days in the not too distant future. I might not get a chance to post and ask but if you can update a text buddy (or email somone even) it'd be nice. But understand totally if its not what you want to do.

FWIW I was in latent labour and had lost my plug quietly for a day or so before I posted here and said anything. And although I had a text buddy because I had a homebirth I was pretty able to be near a computer most of the time and was able to post a day after giving birth. I was doing my own updates to a certain point and then just got on with things and came back when I was ready :)

Sherlock said:
Well I've followed you through the tris hun ;) Always made sure to see how you are doing. So you are known to me. I'd certainly wonder if all was well if you dropped off the planet for a few days in the not too distant future. I might not get a chance to post and ask but if you can update a text buddy (or email somone even) it'd be nice. But understand totally if its not what you want to do.

Thanks Sherlock, that means a lot. :)

Little Bump said:
Hiya :wave:

I'm new (ish) and don't have a text buddy either. I know 2 members on here pretty well, so was going to text one or the other, it'll be the other now, as one's just had her baby, but I'll offer my services as your text buddy if you want?

I'll happily update the forum as and when things happen and how things are progressing for you, whether you're a new member, old member, regular poster, random poster it's such a lovely place here and everyone's genuinely interested in other members health, labours, babies etc so don't feel as you're not posting X amount of times per day noone will be interested :hug:

Let me know if you want me to be your buddy and I'll PM you my contact details xx

LittleBump, did you get my PM? :)

:wave: Hi Ani, id also wonder where you'd gone if you and your lovely tanned bump just disappeared! I hope you do get a text buddy as id be interested in reading your labour updates :D :hug: x

MissyRee said:
:wave: Hi Ani, id also wonder where you'd gone if you and your lovely tanned bump just disappeared! I hope you do get a text buddy as id be interested in reading your labour updates :D :hug: x

Awwwww thanks MissyRee... :hug:

(had a dream last night that I went into labour, hence the "bumping up" (pardon the pun) of this thread... :rotfl: )

Hu ladies,
as with my thread i am more then happy to be someones/or two text buddie.
Pm me if anyone still needs one. :)

hey.... you'd don't have to be little miss popular for us all to want to know when one of our babies are arriving in the world. although I've been around for ages (or at least it seems that way) most of us get used to seeing each other's names on here and I always wonder where people are if I've not heard anything for a few days.

We're all going through the same journey with each other and I think it's nice to share with the rest of us when something is happening

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back