• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething - CUD IT BE THRUSH?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Ellies 2 1/2 months old and has recently started dribbling LOADS, she soaks herself through so shes wearing a bib constantly at mo... shes also sucking her bottom lip & gnawing on anything that she can get in her mouth including her hands & my finger (very hard!), I cant feel anything but to be honest im not sure what im feeling for :? Shes had a slight temp but also just had a cold so its prob linked to that?

Is this normal or cud it be teething? Please tell me its not teething, not yet! :lol:

sounds like it to me!!!! I posted about Evie doing pretty much the same thing last week. She has days when she's the world most dribbliest (is that a word!?) baby and days when shes not so bad!

Yesterday was a bad day...grizzly, wet through, red cheeks, fist in mouth...but today she seems ok

I'm not sure hun. Lola has had to wear a bib since she was really tiny as she makes loads of dribble but still hasn't got any teeth and she's over 7 months :)

Oliver has this, he's been dribbling constantly for a week or two now and sucking his fists all the time and biting my finger, but he doesn't have red cheeks/nappy rash or anything and he doesn't seem overly grizzly so I don't know if it is actually teething or not. But I've got him a teething necklace ready just in case it is!

since Jack was about 2 months he chewed his fist constantly, dribbled like there was no tomorrow and had rosy red cheeks but he didn't get his teeth through until January. Everyone kept saying he was teething but obviously not. She could be, but not definately. Which is of no bloody use to you is it :lol:

Sounds like teething to me!

Mhairi was exactly the same age as Ellie when she started to.

My HV told me to give her calgel (tastes a lot better than bongela :puke: ). I also use Ashton & Parson powders and i'm now going to get her an amber teething necklace.

You might be able to feel her gums really hard or see a wee white spot where her teeth are coming through, it usually starts with the front teeth.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to Ellie and you....it's horrible!

xxx

midna said:
I been using calgel but I think she likes the taste too much :D

Yep! I think Mhairi is a Lidocaine junkie! Loves the stuff and if she sees me with a tube its "Ooooo Ooooooo OOOOOOOOOO".

:rotfl: :rotfl:

and no, i'm not talking about her dad! :rotfl:

Could the above symptoms indicate oral thrush? Ive had stinging/burning nipples recently at the end of feeding and also been getting really deep shooting pains in my left boob... Ive looked this up on the internet and it points towards thrush so wondered could Ellie have it and passed it to me as she had antibiotics a few weeks ago. She has a patch on her tongue (looks like milk) but I cant see any anywhere else so not really sure.

Is it a coincidence and should we wait and see or do you think or should I get her (and me) checked?

It could be luv! Anti-biotics are the biggest cause of it, check inside her lips as well, and the insides of her cheeks.

Get yourself and Ellie to the docs to get checked!

xxx

yeah, when hannah had oral thrush she wouldnt drink milk. Plus she hads a white coating all over her tounge all the time - that seemed itchy as she stuck her tounge out att the time and tried to itch it lmao. bless.

Lola has oral thrush a couple of weeks ago and it started with just a small patch on her tongue then it spread to the inside of her lips :(

I also got it on my nipples when hers was clearing up. They was quite itchy and went bright red :oops:

Hope it isn't thrush but i would get it checked just to be sure :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back