TABLET trial

snowbee

Reaction score
Has anyone done this or is doing this? I'm on my first week of pills (but don't know if I have the real thing or the placebo, hoping for the real thing!) and wondered if anyone else has done it and had any success?

It is open to anyone aged 16-40 who has had one or more mc, or who has infertility.

They test your blood and if you have some special anitbodies and normal thyroid levels then you are eligible.

There has been a theory that ladies with these antibodies find it harder to get pregnant and then harder to stay pregnant. If you sign up there is a 50-50 chance as to whether you get the placebo or the real medication and you and the doctor don't know which you have. You take the tablets for a year, unless you either have another mc (in which case you stop the trial) or you get pregnant (in which case you continue taking the tables through the pregnancy).

The trial ends in December so I was lucky to get on it in time, I'm hoping that this will help me as with pco and these stupid antibodies my mc risk is now super high :(

i'm curious now, as I have thyroid issues and really high thyroid antibodies. off to go see what I can google

Have they not given you stuff to control your thyroid issues in pregnancy platypus?

yeah I am on 75mg of levothyroxine (the drug being tested in the trial) and are monitoring my levels adjusting when they fluctuate.

just read the web site and previous smaller trials found around 50% decrease in mc when taking the medication - i'll take those odds! just checked and wasn't on the meds with my 4th mc and my 5th pregnancy was an ectopic and not a mc, so this gives me hope that for me it will be 6th time lucky :) a wealth of information on the trial website so finally feel like I understand it all now. have an appointment with my gp next month to discuss further as I can't get the recurrent mc drs to talk to me (so much for the we are here for you and will help you get your baby they said when I went for testing)

thanks snowbee for this thread, I hope you are on the meds and not the placebo. Do you know what your antibody levels were?

The trial dose is 50mg. My level was just under 100 and my thyroid levels were all normal. I'm hoping it is the real deal and will help me but if I'm not pregnant when the trial ends or have another mc then I will ask and see if my GP will prescribe it and see if that helps. That is really interesting thanks platypus, fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back