• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sickness bug?

marchbaby

Reaction score
My husband was up all night last with sickness and diaoreah. Not sure if this is a bug or a form of food poisoning as we were out for a valentines meal.

My question is what if i contract it from him? I'm 35 weeks now. We are trying to keep away from each other as much as possible but it's not always that easy.

Can this harm our little peanut?

Any advice?

Thanks

I had a nasty bug at about 33 weeks was not very nice and ended up signed off work. I called NHS direct the night it started and was told it did not present any danger to my unborn baby - they are well protected in there, and just to keep up fluid intake as much as possible. I visited my GP a few days later and was told the same thing, so although you'll want to avoid it as much as possible it wouldn't harm your baby - hope you don't get it!! xxx

carlyr874 said:
I had a nasty bug at about 33 weeks was not very nice and ended up signed off work. I called NHS direct the night it started and was told it did not present any danger to my unborn baby - they are well protected in there, and just to keep up fluid intake as much as possible. I visited my GP a few days later and was told the same thing, so although you'll want to avoid it as much as possible it wouldn't harm your baby - hope you don't get it!! xxx

I agree, baby will be fine as they have priority over all your good nutrients etc- it's just you that will suffer! Hope you don't get it x

Just having a lurk in tri 3 and saw this...

Im 23 weeks preggy and have come down with the vomitting bug. My doctor admitted me to hospital as I got so dehydrated from the fluid loss. Spent the weekend in hospital on an IV drip....discharged as the vomitting eased up earlier but still dont feel too good...once I started to eat again at home, the vomitting has re-started. :(

I'd advise that if you do get the vomitting bug, drink plenty of water and if you feel unwell, contact NHS direct or your doctor. Baby should be fine..its more a case of keeping you in good health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back