Scar stretching...very painful!!

katietateypot

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any scars on their tummy area??

I have one about 1ft long across my abdomen just under where my ribs end.
i got told its too high up to cause any damage a few weeks back although i still get monitored for it, anyway over the past week it has started stretching very noticably and is soooo painful!! I have now started to get stretch marks all over and around it which didn't even start pale they are dark straight away. :roll:
i've been trying lotions and potions to keep them away but i guess if you're going to get them theres not much you can do!

Anyway is there anything i can do to stop the scar hurting so much or is it just a case of moaning along with it and telling the consultant at my next appointment (1 week on Tuesday)?? Any advice at all is will be appreciated.

Katie xxx

No advice hun - just hope you get it sorted soon - might be worth contacting mw before consultant app just to be on the safe side x

aww that sounds awful :(

I would give it lots of love (maybe not too much oils, it will like air also) and check regularly for seepage -

sounds so uncomfortable, my stretchmarks are properly bad and they hurt when they stretch more too :(

i cant imagine what a big scar must be like xxx

I feel for you, I have lots of scars around my tummy button which are sore so I cant imagine how a big scar higher up would feel. I am wondering whether you could use some kind of 'numbing' local anaesthetic cream over the scar? You would have to check to see if it was safe to do so first, but its the only thing I can think of.x

thanks for the replies :)
I'm going to see the GP tomorrow if i can get an appointment to see what i can put on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back