• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan at 14 weeks

lOTTIE

Reaction score
Got scan through when I will be 14 weeks. However,will it be too late then for the Down syndrome test?

down syndromes test is normally a blood test at 16 weeks as i havent had mine yet and im 15 weeks had my scan though,mine do it at the doctors surgery

If you mean the anomoly scan, this is done at 20 weeks :D

down syndromes test is normally a blood test at 16 weeks as i havent had mine yet and im 15 weeks had my scan though,mine do it at the doctors surgery

hi lottie welcome to the forum :wave:

The testing for downs syndrome and spina bifida has to take place between 16 and 18 weeks, so dont worry you won't be too late to get it yet. :D

Hi

I dont remember when i got mine you get so many tests while pregnant but dont worry they wouldnt give it to you late.
Katrina

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

The nurse who scanned me told me that the measuring of the nuchal fold can only be done between 12 and 14 weeks. I originally had a scan at 11+4 but I had to go back as apparently the baby was too small to measure the nuchal fold. I went back at 12 weeks and had the scan measurement done along with blood tests and received the results in the post a few days ago (thankfully 1/10,000).

I think that if you have a scan/blood test combination which indicates that you have a higher chance of having a baby with downs syndrome you can then go on to have either an amniocentisis at about 16 weeks or a chorionic villi sampling at about 14 weeks (both of which take cells from the baby to count the number of chromosomes and this is the only way to know 100% if your baby has down syndrome or not).

This link has a lot of information about the nuchal fold test.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/118.html

:clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: Congratulations on your PG, I think you have your answer from the lovely ladies above so i shall just say good luck and enjoy good health.. Lv Yvonne xx :hug: :hug:

You can't have the downs test until you are past 16 weeks hun x

im having a nuchal scan at 12 weeks, this has to be done between a certain period which i think is 11w6d and 13 weeks or something, very small window to have it done. that checks for the risk of downs if thats the scan you are talking about?

Our hospital offers nuchal fold scan - it can only be done between 12-14 weeks. They do the blood tests at the same time and use the two together in order to assess your risk.

Last time, different hospital they did just a scan at 12 weeks - I never had blood tests for this.

Every hospital seems to be different so they all tell you different things...!!

LBxx

If you are talking about the Nuchal Scan it has to be done between 11-14 weeks. This is both a scan and a blood test and is non invasive.

If you live down south i.e London, it is on the national health. It was developed by a doctor at Kings College Hospital in Camberwell. If you live up north - which I do now - you have to pay to have this scan. It is safer than the other test where they take the amnotic fluid and there is a 1% chance of miscarriage. Ask your GP about it. Sometimes they don't know about it so be informed. If you put 'nuchal scan' into Google lots of info comes up and you can often find a place near you that will do it privately.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back