sarah H and any other cooks

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i need a nice meal i can cook my mum and dad tomoz they helped me out loads at the weekend and i wanna say thanks :D
either 2 - 3 course but as im a plonker who cant cook i have no ideas lol

please help sarah :D

marrow stuffed with sausage meat =] with upside down pudding for afters

there are far too many threads with my name in the title today :? :lol:

How about the one I suggest to Squiglet the other week???

really easy to make

Ingrediants
Chicken Breasts steaks
Streaky Bacon
Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
Basil (chopped)
Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
a little water

Method
Mix the feta, chopped basil and chopped sundried tomatoes in a bowel (you can add a little olive oil if it is too dry)

Take the chicken breast steaks add a little of the cheese mixture and roll up,
wrap the streaky bacon round the chicken to completely covering the chicken

Brown in a pan and then add to an oven proof dish with a small amount of water to stop the chicken drying out, bake for about 20min at 200c

And then for pudding just a cake of some sort, or cheesecake?

I can vouch for Sarahs chicken recipe because i tried it when she posted it for Squiglet and its divine!!!

How about a traditional steamed pudding and custard for dessert, they are easy to make and delicious.

Heres the basic recipe, you can make any flavour you want my favourite are raspberry jam or golden syrup.

steamed pudding
jamie oliver
naked chef

225g self raising flour
pinch of salt
85g caster sugar
115g shredded suet or butter (I use suet)
1 large egg
8 tablespoons milk

Grease a 1 litre pudding basin.
Spoon in your chosen flavour (jam pudding qv ginger pudding, syrup pudding,chocolate steamed pudding).
Mix together (in a mixer or by hand) the flour salt sugar and suet or softened butter.
Then add the egg and milk and mix well. Put into the pudding basin covered with greaseproof paper or a cloth tied with string or tin foil and stand the basin in a pan with water halfway up the sides of the basin.
Cover pan with a tight fitting lid.
Bring to the boil then simmer for about 2 hours topping up with boiling water if necessary.
Don`t let it boil dry and make sure it does not go off the boil.

If you dont have a pudding bowl then use a pirex dish just cover with greaseproof paper or tinfoil the same way. It may seem like 2 hours is a long time to cook but make the pudding first and it can be boiling while you make your main course.

I have made my own custard in the past as well but is a bit of a faff, but worth the effort, it tastes devine but it is quite rich though. You can get really good ready made custard nowadays in most supermarkets version of "the best" range.

Good luck & dont forget to tell us how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back