Ryan had a hospital appointment today - *Update*

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
We finally got to see somebody about Ryan's weight and constant illness (although over the past few weeks he's been alot better).

We got him weighed and he's about 18lb so he's finally doubled his birth weight. Only took him a year :lol:

The consultant we saw was really good, no messing about... just straight to the point. We discussed everything and he said he wanted to do some tests. That's just because when Ryan was born and went to SCBU, all the tests and scans he had came back negative and no cause was ever found as to why he was poorly.

The tests he's having are just to sort of finalise things so that we can say we ruled everything out. He had his blood tests done today and we go back next month for a sweat test (for Cystic Fibrosis). I'm sure they'll all be normal, I think Ryan just likes being an awkward baby :lol:

aww its good that it was a positive visit. hope you get some answers and yay Ryan for doubling your birth weight

Aw hun, I am so glad you are getting the support you needed from the doctors, and Yay to Ryan for doubling his birthweight - so glad things are looking up for you.

:lol: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

That's great Kirsty. Sounds like a good doctor.
Hope he's ok but sounds like he's heading in the right direction!
Lxx

Aww brilliant Kirsty - Im glad somethings being done for him now and Iiiim sure everythng will come back fine.

Like you said, just being akward lol.

The more I think about it, the more I'm shitting myself about the sweat test Ryan's gonna have.

I'm so scared about Cystic Fibrosis. When the consultant listened to his chest he said he sounds really wheezy. I said he's always like that even when he's not ill... I didn't even realise that was a concern cos I'm so used to it :doh: :(

And his weight gain is really poor which is another sign :?

Gotta wait til 9th July for the test, I just want it over and done with :(

awww kirsty its bound to play on your mind now after what the Dr has said and you kind of will be atuning his problems to the symptoms (kinda like when you read your star sign and apply whats its said to yourself) July is a way off try not to worry to much untill then.

Is there deffo no way you can bring it forward, say your getting depressed with worry or something and need to know?

Im sure and hope everything will be fine hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Keep us informed

I keep telling myself I'm being daft but he's playing over the other side of the room now and I can still hear his chest, it's so rattly ALL the time :?

I'll ring up on Monday and ask if they can give me an earlier appointment :)

Sending very best wishes Kirsty, I do hope Ryan's tests all come back with good results, he is so so handsome, both your boys are :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi, i wouldnt worry to much hun. we have just been through the same. grace is 11 month and is not double her birthweight. she was being really sick and not herslef. all tests were clear and its just decided that she is going to be small. her brother is small too. grace is 16lb 15 at 11 mths and mark is 22 mths and 22lb 11. she still looks tiny and which loks odd as she is nearly walking. i dont think it helps that she has no teeth so still looks quite young. the good thing is both of mine stay in a size clothes for ages and the same with shoes. quite a money saver.lol. we have been discharged from hospital now so hopefully this will come soon for you. any questions just pm me as i went through it all with both of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back