Right, another meltdown.

It does feel like pins and needles to start with. Have you got lansinoh?? I relied on it completely to start with but don't need to put it on as much now. I get anxious about putting her on my right boob because she has such a strong latch on that one and it does get quite sore.

Me and Vicky have gone through it together - made it that little but easier x

I had Lansinoh & was applying it from day 1. A community midwife (student) came out on Monday & told me to stop because she thought it had caused a reaction to O's face. i stupidly stopped & now they're terribly sore again. I've got shells on at the moment because I can't bare anything touching my nipples. Another community midwife came out this afternoon to do heel prick test etc. & she was so cross that i'd been told to stop Lansinoh. O was a pukey baby initially, throwing up amniotic fluid so today's midwife says that it was the acid in that that caused the reaction around his mouth/chin. It's so hard when you're dealing with different people all the time.

Jas got a little rash around her mouth to start with but it soon went!

Everytime I want to give in I just think of how much I don't want her to be on formula! Not that there's anything wrong with people that do - I just believe that my milks there for a reason so that's what she obviously needs! X

It is tough hun that's for sure. My nips still get sore especially when he goes through his cluster feeding stages. I cried lots in the first week really battled those baby blues but i think after a while you just get used to it or accept the situation more. Stick with the lansinoh as it does help and air your nipples when you can.

There are days where Alex is continuesly attached to me but i just think well i have done 2 weeks already and my goal is to get to 6 weeks as thats when its suppose to start to get easier ... One day at a time hun.

Me and Nicky are quite often awake chatting at silly o clock in the morning while our little ones feed.

And the best thing about breastfeeding is the weight drops off you like crazy i am already back to my normal size after only 17 days ;-)

I've got Lansinoh on now & nipple shields too. I'm a grand sight to behold!

Ooh there is no glamour involved in breastfeeding hun ... I am lucky if i get to brush my teeth these days!!

I was walking down the street with my sister earlier when she politely informed me that I had a smudge of jasmines poo on my forehead!! Lovely!!

I was talking to dad earlier & he asked if o had dribbled on me & pointed at my top. My bloody breast had leaked & I was wearing the shields with the holes in.

Lashinoh is hypoallergenic so should t cause a reaction. Put it on before a feed and after, also cooled cabbage works too to sooth your nipples.
Good luck lovely and keep going its tough to begin but it gets easier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back