Red Bull

YazminaBambino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope everything is progressing well with your pregnancies.

I just wanted to submit this thread concerning the impact of red bull. I fell victim to it, UNTIL NOW! I've been reading articles on the over consumption of red bull can have on the mother and unborn child. I just feel so guilty, I've had at least 8 since finding out I am expecting! One 8.2 oz can of red bull has 80 mg of caffeine. The upward limit for a pregnant woman is 200-250 mg. Although this doesn't seem significant Red Bull consists of Taurine which is an amino acid. For reasons unspecified by the FDA, Taurine is not recommended to be consumed by pregnant or nursing women. Same with GLUCURONOLACTONE...another main ingredient in Red Bull. Both are unstudied in their affects on the fetus or baby. However, I read that over consumption can cause misscarriage! I will NEVER touch this disgusting drink again! :dohh::shock:

Sorry for the rant ladies - I'm sure you all are very aware, I'm either stupidly uneducated on this subject or selfish :wall2:

I knew the caffeine was bad but didn't know about the warnings about the other stuff. I don't drink any of those energy drinks anyway, there are better and healthier ways to get a boost! Good heads up though, I'm sure there are plenty of girls who are drinking them unaware, esp as we don't get told to avoid them like certain foods.

Very interesting.
I stopped drinking energy drinks as soon as I found out I was pregnant but I had a few whilst I was unaware of my pregnancy. Although I felt guilty, it hasn't affected LO and I'm sure 8 cans won't either. I drank loads of the stuff before I was pregnant, and I'm talking the big cans of monster/relentless/rockstar etc.

Tastes good but it's so bad for you.
Pregnancy has given me the determination to quit drinking them, I just wish my Dad would do the same as he has a bad heart and still consumes energy drinks (not much now though). I won't give up my once in a blue moon lucozade though, I love the stuff.

But yes energy drinks are bad bad bad! You always hear stories of people dropping dead because of them :/ nasty stuff if you think about it. xxx

thanks for the warning, i have to say i do seem to have a craving for lucozade! so annoying!! x

Lucozade is fine it's just red bull thats the devil :/ But then they do put warnings on the back of it now x

Hate the stuff!! Even the smell makes me want to heave :)
Over here they really advise against drinking anything like that... even coke is a bit of a no no.
It stands to reason though that if they suggest you cut down on your caffeine and sugar intake drinks like these are even worse for you!

:sick: I can't stand any energy drinks but I think you've shared some very useful info there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back