reassurance needed!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i was shocked today to be told at routine MW app that i hav protein in my urine, my BP is slightly raised and theres swelling in my legs & fingers.
i think i thought things like that prob wouldnt happen to me i thought complications were for older/overweight/smokers etc. (a bit ignorant of me really!) but having read up on pre-eclampsia on the internet i'm quite scared.

has anyone:

1. had these symptoms too but it WASNT P.E.?

or

2. HAD P.E. but it did not lead to any problems?

just wanna put my mind at rest b4 my hosp app on the 18th!
thanx

Hi
my sister had these and never developed full blown PE. However as they were worsening gradually she had a casearean a couple of weeks early to avoid it developing into full blown PE. She was young, v healthy and fit and a non smoker too, think it's just the luck of the draw :(
Libs

i had all of these symptoms and never developed PE, they just need to be extra careful x

I had too much protein in my urine several times, they keep an eye on it but it always sorted itself out so don't worry too much about it as for the swelling, my ankles turned into my calves & I had very fat fingers!! but its normal to get some swelling in late pregnancy.

Hi

My sister had this right now she is almost 31 weeks pregnant and they told her to take time off work but thats about it?
Katrina

I also had all these symptoms but didn't develop PE...........
The hospital just kept a closer eye on me and I got extra bp and urine checks and 2 extra scans.............

tell your MW your worries and ask her to explain things to you to put your mind at rest...........

I know when I found out my symptoms like you the first thing I did was look it up and soon convinced myself that I had PE and was really worried.
but the MW and doc soon explained it all to me and I felt much happier
:hug: :hug:

I had PE which caused my son to be born 6 weeks early, I had it very bad and was hospitalised for over 3 weeks. Best thing to do is not worry if you do have it you will be looked after and so will your baby :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back