Really need some advice please

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Jessica is a week old, weighed 6lb 7 and was a week and 2 days early.

When she feeds she only has about 50ml sometimes more in a few goes though. Mw didn't seem concearned with this or my other worry (below) but wanted to check on here too as stupidly googled stuff and now more worried.

She is sick like almost all she has eaten at least once a day, and has not pood since Sunday night.

When jess was sick again last night I called the mw as was upset and she said as long as it's not every feed it's ok and it's just a build up of wind..... Even tho I try to wind her. Today she was sick after her feed at lunch time ish although not loads. And now just fed her and she spewed everywhere!!

The poo thing she also said not to worry that a couple days is fine, which I'm coming up to now.

Can anyone please reassure me as it's so upsetting! She's fine in herself and does wake for feeds.

Really appreciate some help!!

Aww hun it's difficult but try not to worry too much! Lizzie used to projectile puke her entire feed sometimes but would still go normal times before her next feed so she obviously just didn't need it. And she used to go 10 days between poos sometimes....wish she did that now!!

Really that long?

I just find it so upsetting, feel very teary about it all! No one will give u a straight answer saying oh well all baby's are different etc but then ask how much is she having, how often, how often does she poo..... If there's no standard answer then why ask! It just makes u worry, which I do.

Thank u though that's made me feel better
X

Try massaging her tummy in circles or do her legs like she's riding a bike. Hope she goes soon x.

I was told only to worry if the fontanelles dipped in and the eyes looked a bit sunken as that can be dehydration, in which case just offer some water (only an oz or 2) in a bottle/cup x

Like the others have said, try not to worry hun.

It's normal for babies to be sick, esp when they're so young because of the wind. It's not always easy to get wind up when they're so tiny. Oscar used to projective milk up with wind quite alot when he was newborn.

And also the poo, don't worry unless she seems in pain or discomfort.

Like Laceys Mummy said a little tummy massage might help. You can try circular motions on the tummy in a clockwise direction, and waterwheel.

I found this helpful, it didn't help Oscar poo but did help when he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vseuKsNGmXs

But like the mw said, as long as not bringing up whole feed every time, try not to worry, and like Becky said as long as the fontanelle isn't sunken she's not dehydrated.

xxxxx

Thank u for the advice

Its difficult to do as her belly button is still in and her tum is that tiny I can't get round.

She's eaten well thru the night tho So feel better about that but ages very wriggly n grunting like she wants to go and can't ....... Got to come out eventually hasn't it?!

I lay with her on my chest for 2 hrs from 4 to 6 as she seemed So uncomfy and she likes being snuggled like that but that is probably bad too!

Just hope she poos soon!

I lay with her on my chest for 2 hrs from 4 to 6 as she seemed So uncomfy and she likes being snuggled like that but that is probably bad too!

!

We used to sleep with Oscar like that for months lol. just loved having that closeness to my baby though.

I think they say if no poo within 10 days see GP! So don't worry for the time being hun xxx

So reassuring thank u

People always said about general how do u know things "oh u just do"..... But I don't! It's a big learning curve for both of us.

Thank u
X

just like all the other ladies said really. but it is a massive learning curve and so hard at first it's a guessing game. as time goes on you'll learn to trust your instinct more but god I remember how overwhelming it was at the beginning. Hope the poo comes soon hon. You're doing great :) xx

Like Minchin said it's just a learning curve, and atm you are just doubting yourself and 2nd guessing yourself. It's just about gaining confidence.

Honestly, if there was something seriously wrong with your baby you would know and you would act on that.

It's just about you and baby getting to know each other atm so don't worry and trust your instincts.

xxxx

She's pood...... Twice today!! Never been so happy to see poo!!!

Thank u so much tho! It is so hard knowing what's right, it's reassuring hearing advice from other that have done it all before
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back