reacted to the anti biotics ? update his allergic :( :( :(

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
n722426749_1437662_1624.jpg

leland does have excema and it did flair up with his viral infection but this is even worse and has come up today ? lelands been on the anti biotics since tues night ? ive put his steriod cream on it tongiht , and i havent given him the yukky yellow stuff lol oh and does anyone know if amoxcillian is pencilian based ? brian is allergic to pencilian (cant spell those fancy names too tired lol)

oh to add , that altho his still fairly sleepy and taking LONG naps his much happier in himself and temp is now normal .

Amoxycillin is penicillin!!

Did the doc who prescribed it know about the allergy???

Kim x x x x

Sorry! just realised that it isan't LO that is allergic to it.

Phew! x x x x

she asked us and brian said he thinks he is , she said she'd check his notes but she didnt !

should i be worried ? ive stopped it ? is there something i should do ? :shock: more worry !

Could be a reaction to the antibiotic - this is quite common. I would just keep an eye on him and call NHS direct/24 if your worried. The fact that he's alot happier is a good thing x x x x x

Kim x x x x

(Sorry I've completely invaded your topic :talkhand: )

Gem give NHS 24 a call please. Personally I would be worried about swelling in his throat and tongue.

It does look like the rash i get when I'm given penicillin by mistake...

How is he this morning???

he got us up at 5.30 !!! but happyly played :roll: now getting ready to go doctors , shall upadte when back , my poor wee man this week aint half going though it :(

back from doctors , the doc from the other day called us , so nice of her ! his literally covered in the rash today much worse , all over his front and back and starting on his head too :cry: she's put him on piriton , hope it goes down soon , looks so sore ! shall try to get another pic to compare from yesterday ! my poor baby !!!

Hope Leland gets better soon!

the rash is slowly going :cheer: and he slept much better last night ! infact he didnt get up till nearly 9 :shock: so his still really tired bless him !!!

Just read this post - this is EXCATLY what happened to Oliver last week.

4 days into taking Amoxicillin his body came out in a rash - his face being worse, & his eyes going all puffy too.

Dr's have prescribed piriton, plus creams, plus oil for his bath.

It's taken a week - but his face is a lot better now & body is getting there too!

Hope Leland is getting better & not too itchy - Oliver keeps scratching his belly!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back