Random rant about advent calendars

Urchin

Reaction score
This annoys me every year.

You'd think it would be really easy to buy a christmassy advent calendar, you know one with, *shock horror* a picture of Father Christmas or something on it.

Oh nooooo, in the last few days I've looked in Tescos, Woolworths and several smaller shops.

I don't want a bloody Hannah Montana one, a Simpsons one, a WWF one, a Disney Princess one, a Winnie the Poo one, or a High School musical one, I want a bloody CHRISTMAS one :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Tomorrow is the 1st and I KNOW I'm gonna be hunting and hunting till I find one. :evil:

have you tried a garden centre?
my mum got jack a lovely nativity scene one from a garden centre!!
its not a chocolate one though

Cheaper places probably do them, like aldi etc, lesser known unbranded type shops..?

I got ours off ebay last year :oops:

i got mine from marks and spencer and there is a lovely pic of Father Christmas on the front. :D

However what does bug me is that they dont even bother putting a pic inside anymore. With choccie ones when i was little there would still be a colour pic behind the door as well as a choc, now there is just a choc :( Disappointing.

i got an Iggle Piggle one for Oliver, and the Cadbury's Santa one for Benjamin.
Looks like the Cadbury's one is the only one with Santa on :think:

i wanted a white choc 1 for summer, i went to tesco, morrisons, co-op, asda, woolworths, superdrug, thorntons, small corner shop and nothing!!!

in the end i got 1 from sainsburys, they had just 3 left on saturday!

I got a Mars one from Tesco with Santa on the front. And it's got pictures under the flaps. DS doesn't quite understand though, every time he spots it he points and asks 'Nother one?' It's going to be a looooong December!

Funnily enough when I went to Tesco to buy it on Sunday there were only 2 types left on the shelf - Simpsons or the actual Christmassy one! When I looked the week before there were loads (all character ones!).

Last edited:
I got a The Snowman themed one from marksies today, it's really nice,organic choc too

I got the LAST Cadbury's one from Morrisons today... I say ONE because of course, I need 2!! My mission isn't over yet. Next year I'll need 3 I think I'd better buy them in October :lol:

The facebook group has almost 30 members now LOL

damn al had a free one from work today some tool company with santa on.. god damn it.. if i had known you only have 1 id have posted it to you.. charls eatten 1 and 2 now tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back