Question On My Particular Ticker

purplehippy

Reaction score
Hello,

I chose the ticker I'm using, with the size comparison to fruit, because it's funny and also should give me an idea of how big my baby is.

Thing is, is when this ticker says (for example, it's a banana now) or when the pregnancy book says, that baby is such-and-such long, is it crown to rump or is it meant to include the legs?

I'm extremely interested in what size baby is to look at, so am I to imagine a banana with little legs attached to one end?

I know this might sound bizarre but also I can't be the only one who is wondering the same thing.

Anyone know the answer?

I can't remember when they start including the legs in the measurements. Early on and at least past the 12 week scan it's CRL and says that on most things but they do change that at some point...will have a google and see! x

Thank you, I really want to know.

I know babies differ in size but I'm curious, if it says banana, which bit of the baby is the banana, if that makes sense!

Found a couple fo sites that say CRL is used until 20ish weeks, and after that full length is measured instead. I'm still not sure about the banana though :lol: I'm going to go and look for average sizes at 21 weeks and measure some bananas...

Aaah...crown to heel at 21 weeks is about 10.5 inches, and that's bigger than any banana I've ever seen :lol: but legs are approx 4 inches long at 20 weeks, so that leaves you about 6.5 inches of banana - sounds about right?! x
If none of that made any sense I mean that the banana is crown to rump, not crown to feet :rofl:

That's brilliant, thank you Sams Mum!

I said to my OH, at the market, "oh look - bananas - imagine one with legs..."

I think he thought I was mad.

Well, technically we all know I'm mad...

:rofl: I think I'd have done the same!! Next time I'm getting myself a fruit ticker :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOH you gonna have another?

I always thought two was the right number, for me at least. I see how other families with more than 2 work and some (like my friend who now has 7) work brilliantly - but 2 are already noisy etc, 3 are much more noisy, and so on.

This is our 2nd baby but he has a son, I have a daughter - so we'll actually have 3! But that's it, no more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back