• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

++ Protein and White Blood Cells

Mildly

Reaction score
Had my 31 week appointment today and was a bit nervous as last time I had a trace of glucose in my sample, so was hoping there were no more so I could avoid a GTT test :D Luckily my wee was glucose free :cheer: but I did have ++ protein and ++ white blood cells present. The midwife is sending it off to be tested. Strangely I am not too worried because I'm sure I probably just have a UTI albeit with no other symptoms. I think it was Dannii's long post that has made me feel better about it as there was lots of info on raised protein and white blood cell levels in that thread.

Other than that my appointment went really well. It was the first appointment that my OH hasn't been able to come too - due to working away. So when the midwife listened to the heartbeat, I recorded it on my phone and sent it to OH which he was really pleased with :)

Anyway my actual question relates to my notes. The midwife had a proper feel of Oscar in there (first time) and said she thought that he was head down. In my notes under the Presenting part or lie column she has written Ceph and in the Relation to Brim column she has written free. Can I assume Ceph means head down and that Free means not engaged at all? Was just curious really as I'm sure things don't mean much at this stage :)

Glad everything is ok :)

where can i find dannis post?? i ahve to go 4 renal scan coz of white cells and protein and cud do with some advice!!!!!

Thanks Nicci it should be here, hope it helps you - not sure a renal scan was mentioned though :hug:

Hope yours goes ok :D

yeah i think it means head down but not engaged yet :)
Hope your results come back okay :hug:

Ceph is defo head down.

I had my 31 week appointment today too, also had a trace of protein and leukocytes.... spooky.

Thanks Claire, i thought so - he is so active at the moment, I'm sure he won't stay there :)

Nicky, how bizarre! Are they sending your sample away too? Or will they leave it until next time as it was a trace instead of ++? Did they have a good grope of your bump too?

Yeah, have another bottle and a lil envelope thing to hand in. And yep, only a wee grope, she couldn't feel the position today but she was head down last time, and I'm pretty sure she is today too - kicking high up I think.

I'm sure our results will come back fine, or at worst we'll need antibiotics for a UTI! :D

Aww sounds like she is nestled quite happily inside you :) Oscar is moving so much lately. I went to Ikea at Lakeside yesterday and he was so active - I suspect that means he doesn't like shopping :lol: Then I stupidly had some coke in the afternoon which made him go hyper!

Aww, me too :)

My LO barely moves, soooo lazy. She moves enough for me not to be worried but I definitely don't have a karate kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back