Please Help! What do you think is the matter?

Pudds86

Reaction score
uurrrrggggghhhh I am pulling my hair out with Campbell. He is normally an excellent feeder and downs 4 sometimes 5 ounces 6 times a day. Well this last few days we have had real trouble trying to get him to feed and I cannot figure out why. :wall2:

We bought some new teats on the weekend (fast flow) because he was collapsing his old ones. He drank over the weekend with the new teats and seemed much happier. Since Monday though he has been a different baby. His first feed of the day he doesnt want straight away and will normally take most of the feed. The next 3 are such a struggle though. He CRIES as soon as I put the bottle in his mouth. Like screams! Then he may forget that he was crying, take a few gulps of his milk and start again. He pushes the teat out of his mouth with his tongue. I am finding I will have to wait until he is sleepy to feed so he doesnt take much notice. His last feed before bed though he is fine again and has been taking the lot.

I must also mention he is not just acting like this on the new teats but also the old ones. He has no temperature, is still smiling and has 4 poos a day. As some of you know he was recently in hospital with a bladder infection where he was doing the opposite of all the above, had temp, had stopped pooing BUT he was also not feeding. I dont think he has another infection because this doesnt seem the same but I dont know why he is doing it. He is otherwise happy (just not when i put that bottle in his mouth!) although he is crying for milk.

any ideas? I am wondering if he is just going through a fusst stage? I have tried to heat his milk to different temperatures and also not holding him when I feed him. i am at my witts end. Yest he went 7 hours without food.

xxx

I had the same problem, zach went from having all his bottles to a couple of ounces and then screaming. I had to get him to sleep to feed him and give him a dream feed at night to keep his weight up. He all of a sudden went like this at 8 weeks and only got better at 4 and a half months! The dietician suspected milk protien allergy and changed his milk but he still struggled with the new milk. She also thought it might be silent reflux. I still have no idea why and it is so distressing so I really hope it doesn't last long for you. I would speak to your health visitor or GP. X

health visitor seems to want us to try teething gel for a couple days. I dont think it is that though :( he isnt bringing anything up... xx

could it be an allergy?? sorry i dunno if you use EBM or formula?? xx

Hey hon, I had the exact same thing with my first and it was gum pain from teeth - passed after a couple of days - 2 days I cried through I have to say x x x

When i startefd alanna on bottles she did this, so i switched to slower flow till she was used to it, and now she has no issue..

Maybe the new flow scared him? I know you said he does it with the old ones but that could be cause he is collpasing them and not getting the milk.. best of both for ya LOL

constipation? Is he arching his back? Is he straightening his legs? Is he bringing them up?

hmm it seems to be something to do with poo... when we leave him after first attempting the food he works a poo out then will feed...its not hard though but seems to hurt him when he feels it coming :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back