• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

please help...I need to sleep!

Baby Bean

Reaction score
Since about 5wks old ella has mostly slept through the night and I know I've been really lucky with that, however for the past couple of weeks she has been a real pain. I put her to bed at 7.30 - 8 and she is now waking at least 3 times in the night, about 10, 12 and 3 before waking up at 7am. The only way I can get her back to sleep is to bf or cuddle her. I'm trying not to bf when she does this as I don't want her to get dependent on it and I know she doesn't need it but sometimes I give in just to get some sleep! She hasn't long been in her own room but has slept through in there so not sure its that, also ive tried sleeping on the floor in there but that didn't work either. I'm also weaning her but she loves her food.

Any advice/tips would be gratefully received as I'm feeling very sleep deprived! Oh works so he's no help, although he did give me Friday night off and was very grumpy all day Saturday :lol:

I had this with zac at around the same age, I did controlled crying for 2 nights and he went back to sleeping through. It's not for everyone though, as it's tough hearing them scream and not picking them up for a cuddle xxx

I had the same problem and did control crying for a couple of nights as well...worked a treat :) Good luck hope things improve x

Drake still wakes up a couple of times a night, sometimes with his blanket on his face! (I'm sooooooo gonna get a sleeping bag this week!) but I tend to just pop his dummy back in and he normally goes back off.

Perhaps when she wakes try Shush and pat? Maybe she's stuck into a habit. Not sure what to suggest sorry!

Thanks girls, I've tried popping her dummy back as that always used to work, not any more lol! Only thing that works is a mummy cuddle. which is nice when you put it like that, I'm just bloody exhausted! It's the Easter holidays next week so may try controlled crying then if can't get her to settle cos oh will be off work to help. Mil and sil are staying a week too so may put them off coming again :lol:

How old is she? I can't see on my phone! At 4 and 6 months they go through a growth spurt so she might be waking due to hunger! Hope she settles back to sleeping through soon x x

She'll be 6months tomorrow but its been like this for a couple of weeks now, how long do growth spurts last?

Oh they only normally last afew days! Sorry I can't help x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back