• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pissed off!

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
well im doing a home learning course in website design with the skillstrain.
Well they have internet training sessions that are *supposed* to be for the course im doing...just to back up info and ask any questions.

Well i attended one tonite....it had SFA to do with what im studying!!!
I mean what has JavaScript, Perl, HTML, XHTML etc got to do with sorting out operating systems and BIOS?!
Best bit is i asked the tutor after the session why it wasnt made clear at the time of booking it what course it was for as it had nothing to do with my course. He replied it has relevance to your course...the disk partitioning bit (all of 3 mins of an hour session!). So i replied far enough but it could have been stated it wasnt for my course. His reply well its all relevant if you want to work in IT but i need to go...and just went!

Fair enough some of the stuff would be useful IF i went into something other than website design, but i dont see why they couldnt say before booking this course is for *X* course then id know!

Im paying £2750 for this course and the tutor support is shit tbh.

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

dont know diddily squat about ICT but just wanted to give you some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
i know how hard your working on your course
and i can understand how time felt wasted is time away from relivent training to aid you in your future carer

you keep at it hunny it will all be worth it in the end
sarah :hug:

thanks sarah :hug: :hug:

Im getting there with it anyway...should e doing some now actually
but the forum is too adictive lol

gosh how annoying, and how unproffessional of the tutor to just go offline like that!
Is there someone you could complain to?

im not sure tbh...i have the number for my tutor team but they are just as crap...i have phoned them once before asking about how to do something cos in my course material it is based on windows XP...im running Vista so i rung to ask cos i couldnt work it out as its not the same. The tutor was foreign and didnt really undeerstand me and all i could get from her was 'no it same'. So i dont know what to do really.
I might try looking for another number to ring and takl to them...im jsut worried they might kick me off the course and i loose over a grand for a course i wont be able to finish...

aw good luck, I'm sure you won't get kicked off the course :) There must be someone in charge of it all you can speak to if need be, it'd be bad if not

x-kirsty-x said:
[quote="Sarah&LJ":1cekzu14]Im paying £2750 for this course and the tutor support is sh*t tbh.

HOW much?? :shock:[/quote:1cekzu14]

i know tell me about it! it is over 3 years so well cheaper than a uni course i guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back