Photoshop??

Krystal

Reaction score
I hear everyone talking about photoshop and doing things to their pics but I have no idea what it is and if it is worth buying?

I bought a new laptop cos mine broke and TBH it's crap!! Has Vista Home Basic on it.

What can you do on photoshop? and how much does it normally cost? :hug:

Well to buy it brand new it would cost around £700 - £900 but there are some copied versions you can get off the net somewhere. I got mine from a friend for free.

Basicially, you can do anything you want to a picture.. like turn it into black and white.. scribble over someones face.. join pictures together like a collage.. resize large pictures so they fit into an avator box etc.. it doesn loads of things really. Anything you want done to a pic!

If this post has made you any wiser, i'd be surprised lol :doh:

Its a bit like an air brush tool.. you can take off any blemishes in your pics!

You can do loads! depending your version, from image mapping to animated gifs. If you do get hold of a copy, search the internet and do a few basic tutorials to get you started.
I wouldn't buy a copy just to 'play around' with. You can do a lot of basic things in paint (re-sizing, text etc) photoshop is a lot more advanced. I have photoshop 6 and 7, (with image ready) I've been using it for my job for about 5 years and still I discover new things it can do!

I have photoshop (hubby got a copy off a mate) and I don't use it.
It's awy too complicated for me and I just can't suss even the most basic thing :oops:
I wouldn't say I'm completely useless with computers either (although I'm certainly not great :lol: )

I like photoshop it's useful but I wouldn't pay £50 for it let alone £600

thanks for all your replies girls. bloody hell I'm not paying that much :talkhand:

only wanted it to try make myself look better :lol:

You can get alternatives to Photoshop also. I use a free piece of software to edit my pics, called Gimp Image Editor.

Not sure if there is a Windows version of it though. I'm on a Linux OS. I never pay for anything as its all free. The entire OS and all the software that runs on it and there is heaps :) Plus no virus woes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back