• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Photography

Lou

Reaction score
Photography :)

Was talking to a friend today about photo's and we started talking about the professional photo's that new parents have of them and their kids. I don't like these photo's atall (sorry peeps, I know some of you love them) and I thought wouldn't it be great to have professional photo's done say at the park or in your garden, you know the photos you would take yourself but professionally done. Have any of you had anything like this done or should I contact Dragons Den :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'd get professional pics done everytime I go to the park but if it was a toss up between Isaac nudey on a furry rug with a cloudy sky backdrop or some fun photo's of him playing in the park or having fun in the garden I know which I'd rather have as keepsakes :D

What do you think? :)

thats a really nice idea, but you obv have to be careful! I agree some of the professional ones can look very false, when I have photos taken the ones outside in a naturel setting always come out nicer and look more relaxed!!
I reckon you should approach a few togs with the idea see what they say, ask if they havent done it before would they consider doing it on a tfp/cd basis, as it would help them build up there portfolio with something a little bit different!

my OH is a photographer and he did a photoshoot a while ago of a woman's four sons (raging in age, i think the eldest was about 16 and the youngest just toddling) all playing around in a park, with leaves & stuff, it was awesome.

Most wedding photographers do this style of photography now so I doubt you'd struggle to find someone that would do reportage style photos of kids :hug:

I agree. I think they have a tendancy to look really tacky when it's in a big white studio with fluffy rugs. Although I do find a lot of photographers on Flickr have some lovely techniques they use with children, such as in the park or leaning against a big oak tree, they're much more lovely to look at.

babyblonde said:
Most wedding photographers do this style of photography now so I doubt you'd struggle to find someone that would do reportage style photos of kids :hug:

was about to say this, there are loads round where I live offering this type of service. Urchin had some done too of Mason and Brody ages ago, they were in her sig.

I think studio ones can be lovely, all depends on the photographer IMO

My mate does this, he's got an amazing portfolio and does bands etc aswell... he recently did Metallica at wembley 8)

Forgot to say.... I love Steve's style etc but only go to him cos he's a mate, I bought my own digital SLR camera so I could attempt to get similar images myself... in the long run you save money if you'd pay a photographer anyway....

I got this one of Mason on holiday I love it:

SouthAfrica09658.jpg

I kinda feel the same, we've always wanted professional pics of Ella but we're not too keen on the traditional style of photography. So when OH and I get married we're gonna ask the photographer to take some nice pics of her in the grounds or something.

Gorgeous pics, Urchin BTW!

babyblonde said:

Yip :D We've just booked our photographer for the wedding and thats the way we want most of our pics :D We're not a fan of posed pictures, much prefer nautral ones :D

Thanks for your replies girls :)

and urchin thats exactly what i'm talking about, LOVE them photos, thanks for letting me have a peek :wink: I really like the one you took too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back