peanuts

trixipaws

Reaction score
i am 11 weeks 2day and 3 days ago i ate a tracker bar, jst read in my emma's diary book that ur not supposed to if u or ur OH has a nut allergy or asthma. well, i have asthma and my OH has a peanut allergy! have i doomed my baby 2 a life of menu-checking and diet restriction?

I don't think it will affect everyone. Probably best to avoid it next time .

I'm sure we've all done things which in hind sight we wouldn't have.

Don't worry too much :hug:

:D :D Dont worry or fret!!!!

In my books that i got from my midwife it says in SOME individuals it MAY influence allergies but this is EXTREMLY RARE, if they are going to get an allergy they will have it whether you eat certain foods or not!!!

:wink: I was exactly the same as you at first, all i don't eat now is prawns or any shellfish really but thats it!!!

In my books it also says that up until around 1980 or so, don't exactly know dates, anway that they encouraged pregnant women to drink RAW EGGand other things they say to avoid now so it can't be that bad.

DOES ANY ONE ELSE THINK THAT THEY MAKE TOO MUCH OF A THINK ABOUT FOODS TO AVOID?

Sorry for the long post. LOL :angel:

I was told by my m/w to avoid nuts and the next day had a bowl of crunchy nut clusters and thought about it 4 hours later.. I don' t think one tracker bar has doomed your child it gets easier to remember

tc

sartet said:
DOES ANY ONE ELSE THINK THAT THEY MAKE TOO MUCH OF A THINK ABOUT FOODS TO AVOID?

Totally...

However, I also figure that as its only a small chunk of my life then I may as well avoid what ever I can.

What an impossible coincidence, I have just opened a mini box of celebrations (OH kindly bought as I am feeling down at the moment), and had just decided to have the Snickers first as that is the one I don't really like, and clicked on the first post on this forum as I put it in my mouth and it happens to be about peanuts!!! Coincidence or what?? I would never usually eat peanuts, whether pregnant or not.

Anyway, back to the post. I don't think one tracker bar will really do any damage at all, if you ate one a day then that may be a different story.

I too think there is too much read into all the foods that you can't eat. BUT, I do suffer from food poisoning when pregnant, so in my opinion, if you don't want to get ill, then steer clear. I had a really bad time when pg with dd when I had prawns, with ds1 it was a Big Mac that was the culprit, and sausages this time. So, not always the foods that are suggested, but anything really that may not have been cooked properly.

Sorry this has turned out long.

heather x

I too find all the what to and what not to eat very worrying sometimes :think: My best friend has 2 children and when I say 'Oh I can't eat that now I'm pregnant', she usually tells me I can or that I can but only so much or only cooked a certain way :roll: I also read that peanuts should be avoided if you suffer from eczma or siriasis (sorry if spelt wrong), but how true that is I don't know?

Hi

I think its fine , cant avoid peanuts forver they are in so many things now
Katrina

my dr told me to avoid peanuts and anythng with a nut puree also....she gave me a huge list of other things to avoid..i think mch of the problems now, is all the stuff they put in foods...organic stuff is what she recommended most of...think thats why they put so much focus now, cause we dont really know whats in our food anymore...
one tracker bar wont hurt though honey...as someone else said, one a day wouldnt be the best idea..lol.bxox

I really wouldn't worry about a single tracker bar. And I'm not sure the link has even been proven yet. My boss's wife didn't touch peanuts during her pregnancy. There's no history of allergies in the family yet their daughter has a severe nut allergy. He's convinced it's because she didn't eat peanuts or give any nut oil to their daughter until she was 3 - then by the time she was finally exposed to it her body totally over-reacted. But he's an accountant not a doctor! But it makes you wonder - they don't have nut allergies in asian countries and they regularly use nut oil in their cooking as well as peanuts in sauces etc. It's 'food for thought' ('scuse the pun :rotfl: )

Anyway I've taken the same view as Tattoed Lady - as much as it galls me to avoid all my favourite things (mainly blue cheese, pate and the odd glass of wine :wall: ) I figure it's only a few months and the medical advise seems to be to avoid it and they know more than I do on the subject....!!

However I did eat some blue cheese and some brie (separate occasions though I'm sure that would be yummy) before I knew I was pregnant and there's nothing I can do about it so there's no point in me stressing now!!!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back