Passport Help Needed

Kelly G

Reaction score
Rob And I Are Getting Married August 18th.

We Are Hoping To Goto Rome For 3 Nights On The 20th Of August! Robs Passport Needs Renewing, Does Anyone Know How Long It Takes To Renew A Passport?

We Have Found A Good Deal Online And Really Wanted To Book It Tonight But We Dont Want To Book It And His Passport Not Be Here In Time!

Please Tell Me It Doesn't Take That Long :pray: :pray:

Kelly

usually comes through within 2wks - but there is a bit on the form to say that you are next travelling on the *** so to they can make sure they have ot for you

I think if you apply for a passport through the post office, they guarantee it to be returned within a certain amount of time.

Also depends on how busy they are, this time of year i hate to say it but loads of people have booked holidays and then realised there passports have run out so they do tend to get busy in the office, if you sent it away now i would imagine it would be back in time, good luck :hug:

Becks&Riley said:
if u pay extra it can get uber quick cant it?

Yes I don't remember the exact amount but at the post office you can pay a surcharge and have it guarenteed within a certain time frame. Normal service is around 2 weeks but bear in mind it's summer time now, their busiest time of year.

Also remember you dont need a passport for Rome since it's within the EU you can travel with a photographic driving licence if he has one - the old green paper ones don't count. Anywhere within Europe you can travel with ID but not necessarily a passport. Worth remembering if the new passport doesn't come back in time.

Tnx Everyone! We are going to book it and hope for the best!

Also remember you dont need a passport for Rome since it's within the EU you can travel with a photographic driving licence if he has one - the old green paper ones don't count. Anywhere within Europe you can travel with ID but not necessarily a passport. Worth remembering if the new passport doesn't come back in time.

Oh he has a driving licence :dance:

Tnx again everyone

Another Question

Has anyone been to rome? whats it like?

Hi,have never been to Rome but just wanted to say that if you're desperate then you can go to nearest passport office and have it done the same day but its quite expensive (think we paid about £90 per passport) :hug:

I've been to Italy just never Rome. I've heard mixed views on it really, some love it, some not so keen. Also the preferences have varied depending on how religious the person was going, sounds silly but those who have gone on a real Catholic mission to Rome have found it dissapointing, i.e. plastic seats in the churches because the old wooden pews had been stolen etc - oh and everyone moaned that no one queues for a bus etc so don't expect nice neat lines to attractions etc!! I think it depends on your expectations of the place to start with really and your reason for going. If your going to relax and shop etc I think you'll have a great time!!

Oh and agree with Snuggle....yes you can show up at the passport office one day and have it done there and then but it's twice as expensive. Depends on your rush/need etc for it I suppose.

im sure i heard somewhere that if you're renewing passport or its your first, you may need an interview and it can take up to 6 weeks, but 18 august is 9 weeks so u should be fine. ps im gettin married on the same day :D

They are sayin to give it 6 weeks now coz its all changin n might need an interview. if u have a look on the passport website it should give u the info on there xx

I've been to Italy just never Rome. I've heard mixed views on it really, some love it, some not so keen. Also the preferences have varied depending on how religious the person was going, sounds silly but those who have gone on a real Catholic mission to Rome have found it dissapointing, i.e. plastic seats in the churches because the old wooden pews had been stolen etc - oh and everyone moaned that no one queues for a bus etc so don't expect nice neat lines to attractions etc!! I think it depends on your expectations of the place to start with really and your reason for going. If your going to relax and shop etc I think you'll have a great time!!

Tnx For That, We Are Just Going For A Relaxing Break Really Just For Some Time Together After The Wedding! We Only want To Go For A few Nights As We Wont Be Taking The Girls And Cant Be Parted From Them For Too Long :D

They are sayin to give it 6 weeks now coz its all changin n might need an interview. if u have a look on the passport website it should give u the info on there xx

I Cheaked The Website They Are Asking For Interviews For New Passports

Tnx Again Everyone

I sent my kids passports off saturday before last and they came back saturday!! I was shocked!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back