outlandish claims/tall stories!

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
whats the most bizzarre things youve ever heard someone claim? (true or otherwise!)

I knew this guy once who reckoned that if he concentrated hard enough he could make a flock of birds do a figure of eight :rotfl: :rotfl:

He always declined the offer to demonstrate funnily enough :think:

I have a twin brother and I worked with this woman who insisted that girl/boy (bizygotic/fraternal) twins are made from one egg that splits. This is correct for identical twins who are always the same sex but obviously it is impossible for boy/girl twins to come from one egg since they would have the exact same genetic makeup, including sex. She kept telling me how wrong and stupid I was for insisting otherwise, even though I think I know a little bit better than her. Needless to say we are no longer friends.

There was this guy who used to be convinced he should have been the king!
And i mean REALLY convinced... they even made him a throne in his local....

He must have been a little crazy now i think back but i was only young!
:rotfl:

This is something I once said to my friend and she beleived it!!! :shock:

Do you know the song by REM, whats the frequency Kenneth - classic tune.... anyways, my brother is called Kenneth and I told my friend that he had met Michael Stipe and that song was written for my brother!!

Duhhhh!!! I wish my family were claiming the royalties!!

OMG too many (I must have sucker written across my forehead!)

I went out with this guy who swore to me in secret that he was immortal :roll:
He told me to watch highlander to understand what he meant. LOSER!

When I was about 10 this girl used to sing songs and tell me she wrote them. I later discovered they were all carpenter songs.

Not sure on this one..........an old mate swore his dad was Oliver Reed. His mum used to work for him and they had a drunken one nightstand :think:

I once new a guy who claimed he is a dragon Maige(?sp?) and that he had a dragon in his head, He changed his name to to try and make himself sound better.

He was and still is an utter t**t!!

when i was in junior school this girl called Katie told me (and everyone else) that she was a princess until one day her grandad got knocked down by a car and died - then she just went back to a normal little girl....... :roll:

and the best part? we all beleived her :roll: :roll: but PLEASE dont forget i was only around 7 years old :lol: :lol:

lol that reminds me of one my best mates up until we were about 10, he had us convinced that if he didnt get home before it got dark he would turn into a werewolf, we'd be playing happily and then he'd suddenly howl and run off home :rotfl: :rotfl: Went on for years that one!!

glitzyglamgirl said:
lol that reminds me of one my best mates up until we were about 10, he had us convinced that if he didnt get home before it got dark he would turn into a werewolf, we'd be playing happily and then he'd suddenly howl and run off home :rotfl: :rotfl: Went on for years that one!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I was about 7 ish our P.E teacher had really muscular legs, calves inparticular (they really bulged out :shock: ) except I didn't know that & one of my friends said its because she has hollow legs and all the food she eats falls down to her calves, hence the bulges. I argued for several years with my Mum & Dad about this :rotfl:

where do i start...

santa,

the toothfary,

a stork bringing babies!!!!! (god if only!)

i once drove my friends and i to wales for the weekend... when we got to the sign that said welcome to wales... i turned to my friend and said ' you did remember your passport didn't you'... her face drained and she said no will i get in..... classic ( still laughing now as a i type)
same friend - was once told the kimono dragon breathed fire.... believed it for 3 years (she's 30)

i have so many more all with same friend... she can keep you going for years... :rotfl:

SarahH said:
This is something I once said to my friend and she beleived it!!! :shock:

Do you know the song by REM, whats the frequency Kenneth - classic tune.... anyways, my brother is called Kenneth and I told my friend that he had met Michael Stipe and that song was written for my brother!!

Duhhhh!!! I wish my family were claiming the royalties!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: love that tune!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back