Opinions Wanted Please....

Lexusno1

Reaction score
Hi all,

My OH and I were wondering if it's possible to be further along in pregnancy than originally dated at 12 week scan?

When I had mine I was put ahead a day which was fine.

At my 20 week scan, I was told the dates don't change but the baby was measuring almost 3 weeks larger. Which in my head meant that he could possibly come 3 weeks earlier than 30th April.

What's lead me to asking is because how i'm feeling isnt really reflective of someone in their second trimester. The size of my bump is huge (i'll upload pics later), I can barely walk, my need to pee has come back with a vengence (I know bubba is on my bladder now) and the exhaustion i'm feeling again isn't barely manageable.

I was thinking, if it was possible that I was maybe 26 or 27 weeks in reality and not in my 24th week, these symptoms would make more sense.

I know you can pretty much feel anything at any stage in pregnancy and shouldnt really get too hung up on trimester talk but didnt even know if it was possible for me to be further ahead cos I know for a FACT I feel it and that's comparing it to my pregnancy with DS.

Does anyone else feel ridiculously pregnant right now that measured larger at their 20 week scan?

I had a scan at what I thought was 9 weeks and was put back to 7 weeks, since then ive had 3 more scans and each one im meausuring at least 2 weeks ahead with most my measurments. I was wondering the same as Im quite big and babys extremely strong :D But my doctor says that the earlier scans are generally more accurate and to go with that. Im not worried anyways as long as babyss healthy if he wants to come a couple of week early thats fine :D

the 12 cweek 1 is most accurate they dont change your date after this they will just say its a big baby do you have diabetes at all???

they grow at different rates as you get bigger, mine always slow right down at the end and measure ahead at 20 weeks, and my biggest baby has been 6lb 15 smallest at full term 5lb 12, you watch this one keep on going now 've said that.

No, no diabetes and I'm not exactly big myself! DS was 7.4 1/2 ounces when he was born so wasn't expecting a big one this time!

It's just I didn't know if i could be further ahead or if he's just big! I'd rather the first to be honest!!!??? As long as he comes when he's fully done I don't mind!

I had wondered this but the oppostie way. The AC measurement at my 20 wk scan was 19+1 but I was told its nothing to worry about. I'm big too but mainly because I had a big tummy before :)

x

they grow at different rates as you get bigger, mine always slow right down at the end and measure ahead at 20 weeks, and my biggest baby has been 6lb 15 smallest at full term 5lb 12, you watch this one keep on going now 've said that.

Ahhhhhh, I didn't take that into consideration. Makes sense that the rate of growth can slow down then he would average out at his due date.

Forgot to say, another reason why I wasn't convinced is because that I had DS at 38+6 yet when I gave birth they said my placenta had well expired which happens when you're overdue. So I thought maybe my dates were wrong then too! Lol!

best thing is to ask you mw and mention what happened last time

Not sure about your dates hun, guess it could be the case that you are further along....but as for having trouble walking, that could be the SPD....I really think I have it now (after declaring my GP a fool for suggesting it!) and am waddling around and am so stiff when I get up from sitting to standing, I keep seizing up like an old lady! Not good! I'm also needing to pee all the time....well I am sure baby is on my bladder cos when I go hardly anything comes out! My bump isn't that big but I am definitely struggling a bit and feel really pregnant- although I have nothing to compare it with so have no idea if the pain and difficulty walking is normal! xx

Yeah, the SPD makes it really difficult to be mobile to be honest. I have real bad aches and pains on the inside creases of my thighs too! I feel like I'm about to fall apart man! And saying all of this, I would have it 10 times over to know I'm carrying a healthy baby! But moaning about it does help me!! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back