Night terrors

evie_smith

Reaction score
Clo has been having night terrors first we thought it was sleep regression but we have noticed when she "wakes" she is screaming but not awake she will just start really shrill and I can't wake her I will pick her up and rock her in my arms kiss her it's only when I shove my boob in her mouth she wakes up like WTF?! Has anyone else had any experience in this my sil had it and she said she just had to wait till he grew out of it but my question is is there nothing I can do? I dot like to see her upset and some night she can waked up upto 10 times others 1 or on the odd occasion will sleep through the other night she even fell asleep bf and she just starting screaming nipple half in her mouth fast asleep! I feel bad waking her to settle her but otherwise I can't sleep and don't know if it is ok to let her do it as it's a very high pitch scream :,(

Aiden gets this so I feel for you, it's horrible, the first time it happened I broke down in tears. I googles it and it said to basically just talk to them in a calm and soothing voice. If he's in his cot I just stroke his face and say it's ok Mommys here and I put his lullaby on (it's built into his cot) and that seems to work for him. But I don't know of any other ways to calm them down if that doesn't work. Sorry can't be much help but I do feel your pain x

My eldest went through a spate of night terrors...horrible. He first did it when we were camping in the middle if nowhere! I knew nothing about them he just sat bolt upright in his sleeping bag and start mumbling rubbish and screaming (he could talk, think he was 3) and clawing at the sky...well I just freaked! His eyes were wide open so I couldn't work out if he was awake or asleep!
I was histerical and nearly got oh to rush us to hospital, he then woke up and went straigt back to sleep! Worst night of my life!
On my return from camping I looked it up, he went through a stage of having them, about 1 a night but it only lasted on and off for about 3 months!
I'm praying he doesn't get them again, horrible to witness and there's nothing you can do.
Sorry not much help just wanted to share my experience :(

Hope she settles soon, I think I remember reading that they can be triggered by overactive minds when developing, I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Oh forgot to say... They suggest that you leave them too it and try and talk to them apparently touching is not a good idea as they just try and resist you and it makes it worse!

My son has these.. not so often anymore but when he does he just wakes up screaming and crying. Theres really no way to calm him down and if I touch him he goes mad so i just sit and talk to him until he either falls back to sleep or wakes up. A few times ive had to splash a bit of cold water on his face to try and wake him up because he wouldnt calm down. Cant really help but he does seem to be growing out of them now thankfully.

Omg I think Katie has these! It's just dawned on me! Se gets so so upset!

Chloé has had three already tonight since 6pm!! I can see this is going to be a long night! Hubby just bought her down stairs wailing her arms about screaming and when I woke her up she looked so shocked bless her!

:( not good! I didn't realised they could get them so young, it must be horrible for you x sorry I can't give you any advice...she does seem to having a lot though maybe a chat with a doc might be a good idea?

I always don't let her sleep after 3pm so she settles at 6pm :wall2:

Will she go to bed easily if you did let her have a later nap? I find with Henry that if he doesn't have a nap at 4ish then he sleeps really badly. I was always worried about him not sleeping if he had a late nap but in fact it's better if he does! If he wakes up at 2:30 pm and then doesn't have a nap at 4 then he sleeps really badly all night when I put him down at 7!

She goes to sleep great its any where from 1 -3 hrs later it may start but that link says try not to let them get over tired coz it helps prevent the terrors x

Lily had one of these last night and it was so scary and upsetting.

Poor little thing, she was fast asleep but screaming her little head off and took me about 15 minutes to calm her down.

:(

Awe bless her! I've been trying the talking and she is now "waking up" only once a night or two out of three nights so that's allot better xx

Charley woke up screaming the other night but by the time I got upstairs he was asleep again! God knows what that was but I did think of this thread when he did it! What have they got to be scared of at this age?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back