Never hungry :(

CustardCream

Reaction score
I only eat to survive. I've been told by my midwife I need to gain weight I've never been a huge eater all my life. I'm a picker, I'll eat small bits thorought the day or sometimes I don't eat at all in the days then have something when I'm watching telly later on in evening. As a kid I was made to eat meals etc but when I grew up I'd go all day at school without food or spend my dinner money in the vending machice and just have a main meal at home for tea. Since I left home I've never really cooked for myself, I make the odd meal now and again but not everyday, I'll make OH tea and not bother for myself most the time. I just cant face food :shakehead: what am i gonna do? I try and make myself eat and it lasts a couple of days then I'm back to my usual self :wall2: Should I ring my midwife? x Sorry for long post!!

Last edited:
hi really dont worry! my appetite has plumeted too. With being weighed by midwife it isnt a necessesity I havent been weighed for 6 months!!
They are just trying to get everyone to be a perfect size and perfect weigh to fit in their graphs in my opinion!
As long as your baby bmp is growing fine thats all that should matter :) I have extra growth scans cus my bump measures like 5 weeks behind and they have never said to weigh me they just do extra scans to actually measure baby.

Baby will get enough nutrients from your body, you need to eat to replace these but i really wouldnt worry much but just mention it when you next see midwife.

I and my mom are literally force feeding me! I am eating less now than i was before i was preg, just feel so full all the time! xxx

Thanks, my bump is also behind in measurements. I'll speak to her when I'm next there. I hate food, I dont enjoy eating I'm just a werido but thanks x

aww! well one thing i can clear up for you aswell is at one of my growth scans I said to the sonographer Is the slow growth due to my morning sickness still or not keeping enough food down and she said straightaway NO baby will always get what it needs from you and not to worry about that cus I had started to feel guilty, im sure your MW will up the game on keeping an eye on you soon if you still behind and they can then reassure you :) xxxx

Well i never ate much before pregant but i was making sure i ate 3 meals a day after i got my BFP. My appatite has dropped and im pretty much eating from the routine i have made over the last few months.

toast before work, cereal at half 10. Lunch at 1pm and Dinner between 5 and 6.

But if im honest the last couple of weeks ive been really busy and ive not had time to eat at work and now im losing my appatite my portions are getting smaller. I wouldnt mind if i wasnt pregnant but i feel i should eat more just to make sure crumpet gets enough from me.

x

Ive lost my appetite too :( my weight has dropped a fair bit so gonna as my mw tomo at my app.. To be on the safe side x

Don't worry about not eating proper meals but try to snack a bit on healthy stuff, baby needs calcium just now and good fats so maybe have a smoothie or yogurt or small bowl of cereal with whole milk, fruit, nuts and seeds are also great. Just try to eat a little every 2 hours. Baby will take everything from you but if your stores are low you will start to suffer with dizzyness, tiredness and anemia. Baby rarely goes without!

when you eat try to eat high calorie foods, and vary them so you get carbs, protein etc in your diet. all the stuff baby needs, you can still pick at stuff just make sure its the right stuff. xxxxxx

Oh I would love to spend time with you and help you start to enjoy food and eat more if u wanted to as it is really one of my favourite things to think about, spend time on and sharing with my friends. Do u have a good friend who's a foodie like me that can help you gain some enthusiasm for food and cooking for you and how fab it is? I would make this a career if I could as I love food so much! The baby will take everything it needs from you so dont worry there, it's just your energy levels that need to be kept an eye on.

Oh I would love to spend time with you and help you start to enjoy food and eat more if u wanted to as it is really one of my favourite things to think about, spend time on and sharing with my friends. Do u have a good friend who's a foodie like me that can help you gain some enthusiasm for food and cooking for you and how fab it is? I would make this a career if I could as I love food so much! The baby will take everything it needs from you so dont worry there, it's just your energy levels that need to be kept an eye on.

Awww that made me smile :) No, I dont really see anyone now I'm pregnant either. My parents live hours away and my sister got her family life. Thanks though I'd love you to teach me too!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back