My hips are killing me.

widowwadman

Reaction score
I can't sleep anymore (not helped by Horatio kicking non-stop, I'm surprised that I haven't got any bruises yet), I can't get comfortable at all, it just feels like my legs will fall out of my pelvis any time. It's not so much pain in the middle/pubic region, but really more at the hips, or the sockets where my legs attach. Sorry, can't describe it any better.

Is there anything I can do to make it better? It really hurts and I'm desperate. :(

awww hun i have spd and it affects my groin/pubic bones and also my hips im in constant pain especially at night the best thing you can do is get a refferral as soon as possible for physio :hug: hope your feeling better soon xxxxxxxxx

Can I just ask my midwife for such a referral or would I have to go and see my GP? I have another 10 days until the next MW appointment, too, which is quite a long time when it hurts. But I really can't afford being off sick at the moment :(

I feel for you - hip/pelvis pain is horrible and just seems to increase a hundred fold when you try to lie down in bed. My GP (male) was particularly unsynpathetic and said it was perfectly normal and would only get worse (as I was saying the pain had me in tears at night time!) :wall: I have found lots of pillows (between legs, under bunp, behind back, between my and Neil and then lots under head and shoulders so sleeping at a 45° angle) has helped somewhat - at least I can get out of bed for my nightly loo visits without Neil's help to push me out! :oops:

widowwadman said:
Can I just ask my midwife for such a referral or would I have to go and see my GP? I have another 10 days until the next MW appointment, too, which is quite a long time when it hurts. But I really can't afford being off sick at the moment :(
Yes you can get referred by the midwife but unfortunately hun, if it is SPD or Pelvic Girdle Pain, then they can give you exercise to help but generally cant do that much! :( I have had it since 15 weeks or so and it started in my left hip! Then eventually moved to both hips and pubic bone which is the SPD too! The best thing I found for the hip pain was sleeping in my silk nightgown so when I turned in bed, I kinda glided over rather then crunched over kwim? That helped a lot! Also (this will be hard especially with you working) try to do nothing! Walking aggravates it! Most things do! The best thing for SPD or PGP is to do nothing at all! Such a bloody pain! But since "doing nothing" practically, mine hasnt gotten worse! The odd days I get it bad again but then it goes! And apart from the pains that are constant around my whole pelvis due to the ligaments, I dont get the sharp pains as much in my hips and my pubic bone only hurts in bed (mainly)

lea m said:
widowwadman said:
The best thing for SPD or PGP is to do nothing at all! Such a bloody pain! But since "doing nothing" practically, mine hasnt gotten worse!

This is so true, not practical for you I know, but since getting signed off work sick (although am now on official mat leave), and doing pretty much nothing, the pain is much better. The only time it really annoys me is in bed at the moment :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back