low lying placenta

nathanmum

Reaction score
had my scan today and i have to go back at 34 weeks to see if placenta has moved becasue its low.
what are your experiences of this?
the lady didnt sound too concerned about it and said it would probably move but???

I had that with my first, and it moved.

My M/W explained it like this to me.

I magine your womb as a ballon and the placenta attaching to the ballon, as the ballon is pumped up (ie the baby grows) the placenta moves too.

Hope that makes sence x

Mine was lying on the edge of my cervix at 19 weeks... I had another scan at 23 weeks because I had low fluid too... and it was off the cervix completely but still low.. I've got to go back and see what's happened at around 34 weeks to... although I have a 3d scan next week and I will ask them to check to see if its moved then.

I had the same problem with my first pregnancy and it moved fine in the end. :D delivered normally...

think im worrying more cos on my report it says overlying op which i read as over op which i keep reading is the worst place it could be???

Mine was lying on the edge of my cervix at 19 weeks... I had another scan at 23 weeks because I had low fluid too... and it was off the cervix completely but still low.. I've got to go back and see what's happened at around 34 weeks to... although I have a 3d scan next week and I will ask them to check to see if its moved then.

I had the same problem with my first pregnancy and it moved fine in the end. :D delivered normally...

think im worrying more cos on my report it says overlying op which i read as over op which i keep reading is the worst place it could be???

Im really not sure what that phrase means :think:

I remember the worst place for it to be would be if it was covering your cervix ie so the baby couldn't get out if you were in labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back