Looks like my poor babe might have reflux??

Lisamj

Reaction score
well after having a gut instinct that sam didn't have colic, hv now says it may be reflux/silent reflux. His symptoms are below,what do you think?

Random extreme pain crying - can go from being all happy to screaming in a split second
No pattern to the crying or my diet
Legs rigid and back arching when crying, and soetimes when feeding - almost pulls my nipple off!
Hates lying flat
Always making wheezy groan/grunting noises, especially at night

The only 2 strange things, his bowels are so noisy - he can go from having a barely dirty nappyto a really runny explosive one which doesn'tseem related to reflux?? Also, he was fine for the first 2-3 weeks after his birth.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks

lisa

Is your GP any good?! Would be worth a trip down there.

Kind of sounds like my LO, were trying to work out now if its a Milk Protien Intolerance or if its reflux (silent type) or possibly both!!

Does he have bad breath?! Hiccup alot?! What about his sick, does it smell like milk, or does it smell like it could burn a hole in your carpet, kind of like our adult sick?!

I got fobbed off when Corey was 4 weeks old, with Colic... I knew it wasnt... just knew. Now at 11 weeks were still trying to work out what it is after a trip to hospital.

Hi thanks for your response.

Yes he does have hiccups fairly often - he did in the womb though too if that makes any difference.

He is only sick maybe once a day, and it's milky rather than acidic, I do hear him sound like he's being sick alot though only to find nothing there which is what made me think silent reflux. Got to phone Dr in the morning and go from there.I was using infacol for 11 days with no improvement. Went onto gripe water for 2 days and then thought, "you know what, I don't think this is colic". So we stopped that and the following day was a really good one with him, but today it's all gone up the creek again.

L xx

Let me know how you get on hun. :D
i thought my Lo might have silent reflux but the doctor fobbed me off with the colic. I don't want to keep going back cos the doctor might be right and then I'll be wasting their time.
Hope you get some answers soon.-have some :hug: I know how hard it can be. :hug: xxxxxxx

Ah thanks my lovely. I'm still not 100% convinced myself. Went to Dr but it was a not very good locum who didn't really ask much (or seem to know much in all honesty). She'd prescribed infant gaviscon but not actually confirmed reflux.

Still not convinced though, because he doesn't have the symptoms straight after feeding.

L xx

funnily enough i got some infant gaviscon percribed today. the doctor was lovely and said give it a go for a couple of weeks and see. violet doesn't have the horrendous throwing up, but i thought it may be silent reflux. if it isn't then i know it's colic. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back