• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Libby has a cold....advice please x

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi All :wave:

Libby has had a really streamy nose for the past 5/6 days, her nose is constantly running, I am piling on the E45 where its red from all the wiping. She's not been too bad in herself with it, but is very grumpy today (could also be caused by teething???).

Anyway, my question is......is there anything I can do for her? What can I give her?

I was going to make an appointment with GP to see what they can recommend but DH thinks I should leave her a few more days......

.....any ideas???

i sympathise emmy luke was poorly for the past 2 weeks although he was more blocked up also combined with teething he wasn't sleeping so i gave him medised its calpol combined with a decongestant and to be honest it knocks them out a bit and gives them some well earned rest (and you!) i was against it at first as i don't like the idea of sedating my baby (only mildly) but it was a godsend.

also lots of cuddles go down a treat xx

Poor Libby! And poor Emmy too! :hug: :hug:

I'm not sure how she is feeding Emmy, but if not good, have you tried one of these - just don't do what we did last week and untie the deliberate knot in it so you end up sooking all her snot into your mouth - eeek!

Get well soon Libby!

Valentine xxx

awww poor libby hope shes feeling better soon hun :hug: christopher is the same at the moment but he is cutting his 1st tooth :( he is so snotty that when we lie him down its running down his throat and making him cough when hes sat up its pouring non stop from his nose :( the only thing weve done is give him ashton and parsons (sp) teething powders a few times a day rub vaseline under the nose after every wipe to help stop it from chapping and the odd dose of calpol if he get too warm or is very very grumpy and of course lots of cuddles lots of sips of boiled water between feeds as he seems to get thirsty while hes so snotty and plenty of fresh air (which also helped christophers nose dry up for a little while) xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the replies......Rusks I tried the medised today, it did send her to sleep :) amd after she seemed a little better in herself so thank you for that :hug:
I think I'm going to get one of those nasal thigs (& not unti the knot :rotfl: bless ya) as like with Christopher (Rach) she gets it in her throat when we lie her down, and it pours out when we sit her up :wall: (lose lose), we were out today and I did notice her nose was drier.....have plastered sudocrem on her nose area when I put her to bed....looks so funny!!
Hope we're on the tail end.
I think she'll have a tooth soon too :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

no advice not been there yet but hoping she feels better soon

BIG hugs Libby & Mummy :hug: :hug: :hug:
Cannot advise but have read if you tickle LO's nose with a cotton bud, or take her out in the sun, to make her sneeze, that will help clear any mucousy stuff :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back