January Book Club Choices

star fish

Reaction score
These are the book etc for January. Read them when you like and add your comments.

Just dont give away the ending for others who might not have read it yet!

Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time by Mark Haddon

Film: Black Swan

Youtube: Gap Yah

Song to listen to: Do it like a dude by Jessie J

Anyone want to add a poem or an article or anything else facinating they want to share?

Saw Black Swan yesterday, I thought it was brilliant, even my husband loved it. Very dark and quite disturbing, a lot like Requiem for a Dream (another film by Darren Aronofsky). Thought that Natalie Portman was very good, but the actress who played her mum was also great! Although Natalie Portman was incredibly skinny in it, made me cringe a few times!

Oh Requiem for a Dream actually makes me feel sick (I think you know which scene I'm talking about).
I read 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time' a while back and really enjoyed it, it's very different to any other type of book I've read. I think I'll re-read it and let you know (have to finish the giving up smoking one first...no distractions please!).

I was given the curious incident by a friend who said it was great however due to study I'm not reading any enjoyable books currently but I'm deffo going to join in from may onwards! The black swan - sounds amazing, me and OH are going to see it Friday, can't wait!! Xx

Ooh loving this. Am reading a book at the mo but once finito will def read curious incident. Always fancied that book and think OH has it :) xx

Love Jessie J's song she is like a British Lady GaGa x x

I have bought the book on ebay, but have to wait for delivery.

I might pass on the film. I watched the promo for it yesterday, with all the interviews of the cast etc. It looked a bit 'tense'. After my recent bad times I am suddenly finding I am only enjoying silly films. Family, comedy etc. Just my delicate state and Black Swan doesnt fit that catagory. Natalie Portman said she got really ill filming it. They made her rehearse the ballet til she was sick and dizzy and she wasnt allowed to eat more than a few mouthfulls a day. Outrageous!

I thought Gap Yah was hilarious, I was at Bristol Uni and I knew soooo many people like that. They were always off to Kloisters skiing and having a 'massive chunder'!

I find the Jessie J song really funny too. So many people dont know what to make of her, which is what makes an artist interesting IMO.

Hey,

Well I watched Gap Yah. Found it quite funny to start with and good idea, but if I'm honest, got a bit bored towards the end. However, it might just be because I don't know many peeps like that! Yah! lol.

I like the Jessie J song. Catchy. I saw her on telly at the weekend and didn't know who she was before. Seemed nice. God I sound old!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back