I've wrecked me pan :(

Moomum

Reaction score
Was cooking a few kilo of pears to puree for Ruby, when I was distracted with a phone call. Anyway, I burnt the pears BIG TIME and the pan to go with it :x

The pan is very very black. Can it be rescued? I've put it through the dishwasher a few times now, but it's still the same :oops:

Don't want to throw it away cos it's part of a set. Any Kim/Aggie ideas :pray:

Brillo pads (unless it's teflon coated), rubber gloves and some of that Cillit Bang stuff. Not exactly natural a la Kim and Aggie but it's rescued a few pans for me! Just remember to clean it well after.

daftscotslass said:
Brillo pads (unless it's teflon coated), rubber gloves and some of that Cillit Bang stuff. Not exactly natural a la Kim and Aggie but it's rescued a few pans for me! Just remember to clean it well after.

I was hoping for something easier than scrubbing lol :oops:

I'll give it a try anyway.

Kim & Aggie boil coke in pans, it really works!

Have to say, boiling sounds much more civilised than scrubbing :lol:

Got some coke in the fridge, but no white vinegar. Gonna give it a go in a minute 8)

Moomum said:

Got some coke in the fridge, but no white vinegar. Gonna give it a go in a minute 8)

Don't burn it, I bet boiled-dry coke would be a NIGHTMARE to get off :lol:

let it sit for a few days in bleach and hot water.?

thats what i usually do if they get abit burned.

Urchin said:
Moomum said:

Don't burn it, I bet boiled-dry coke would be a NIGHTMARE to get off :lol:

lol - i'll take the phone off the hook :lol:

rachelandjarvis said:
let it sit for a few days in bleach and hot water.?

thats what i usually do if they get abit burned.

If the coke doesn't work, it'll be outside soaking in bleach :wink:

Closer to the dustbin too :rotfl:

Hi boiling it in washing powder also works wonders good luck with it

Well, the coke didn't shift it, so it's now boiling away in washing powder (well tablet actually). Not sure if it will work, but it's making the house smell lush!! Bargain :dance:

Moomum i do hope the washing tablet works ive had to use my washing powder tip a few times thats how i know it works :rotfl:

puppylove said:
Moomum i do hope the washing tablet works ive had to use my washing powder tip a few times thats how i know it works :rotfl:

Must admit, it's much much better than it was. Not all gone, but maybe I didn't give it long enough. Shall try again tomorrow :roll: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back