• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Its a....

skatty

Reaction score
GIRL!!!

It was such a surprise because everyone was convinced I was having a boy! My bump is all front, the heartbeat sounds like a train, heartbeat was 139 beats a minute and we concieved the day I ovulated!! My DH Martin is really proud that she beat all the boys off and thinks she will be a feisty one!

I thought I wanted a boy a tiny bit more than a girl but just before I was scanned I told Martin I had a real strong feeling of wanting a girl! It was such a fab surprise, we went straight to the make a teddy shop and made a white rabbit with a pink dress, it even has its own birth certificate!

Our little girl will be called Leorah Jai. I wanted a hebrew name and she is also semi named after my brothers Lee and Jamie. I'm just so excited I'm itching to get to the shops to buy gorgeous outfits!

Tankett I'm sorry to hear you had a scare too. I have to say hearing the baby is fine today is the best thing of all. The sonographer also said once you are past this stage if you don't smoke, take drugs or drink alcohol everyday then any risks to your baby are minimal.

Hi Daggers, how is the house hunting going? Also have you resisted finding out the sex still?

Thanks for all your messages everyone, I see there have been a lot of boys recently so our little Leorah will have plenty of boyfriends to choose from!

xxx

A huge congratulations to you and what a beautiful name too.

Nikki

Yay - finally a girl!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

You are going to have to move back to the UK so our boys have a chance with Leorah (beautiful name BTW).

Congrats Skatty!!!

Congratulations hun and you have picked a beautiful name

Yay, what great news Skatty. As you may have read from my post (thanks for the good wished btw) we found out from the amnio that we are also having a little girl. Like you I was 90% certain it was a boy, and this is what the chinese horescope also said, but secretly I wanted a girl, so we are over the moon. Bought my first pink purchase on Wednesday and it felt fantastic!! Glad you are back safe and well. Did you get much whilst you were in London??

Hi and thanks for your messages!

Congrats on your little girl too Dippy, have you chosen a name yet? I bought lots of unisex stuff last time I was in London so this time I concentrated on me! I bought fab maternity linen trousers in New Look for £15 a pair in black and white. I highly recommend them. I bought loads of other stuff too but it was all regular clothes as it seems the fashion at the mo' is designed to mke you look like you are having triplets anyway!

Its my birthday tomomorrow so I am going to indulge in lots of pink shopping, finding out all was ok today was the best present ever :D

Fantastic news hun, so pleased for you!

Skatty, awesome news! Congrats and Happy Birthday :dance: :D :dance: !! Bet your head is spinning with all that's been going on over the past couple of days.
Haven't found a house as yet, hoping to do some more house hunting tomorrow :| - could think of a better way to spend my Saturday, but we're running out of time. We did our 4D scan (have attached pic) and my OH knows what it is but I still don't want to know - any guesses? I think it's a boy.

4Dbaby.jpg

Hi

Confrats on your baby girl thats wonderful !!.
Katrinaxx

Thanks for all your messages everyone, I'm so happy :D

Daggers that picture is amazing! It could be a boy but whatever the sex you have a beauty there! I whish I had a scanner one of the pics we got yesterday is so clear we just couldn't believe it!

I do hope you find your home soon. It can be pretty stressful can't it? Will you still be working in London after you have moved? I remember you saying you were looking in Herts. I used to live in Watford and it was still really easy to get to London on the train.

Good luck for today and have a good weekend :D

Skatty, had a good birthday then? Did you manage to go out and get loads of girly stuff for the baba? Unfortunately I finally broke down last night and ended up fining out that I'm having a boy :dance: ! Sadly enough one of my reasons for this was so I could tell my mom to stop calling the baby a her!
Also may have potentially found a house as well in Welwyn Garden, hopefully we'll come to a decision by the end of this week.
How's it going with your new house, down any painting as yet? When did you say you were thinking of moving in again?

Hi Daggers, so you were right! Congrats :D

I did go baby shopping but didn't buy much because the clothes are really summery and she is due in late October so won't be very suitable. I have had my Dad staying so haven't started moving yet. He goes back today so we will then crack on with the packing and are starting to paint at the weekend, very exciting!

Good luck with your house buying decision!

Have you thought of any names for baby?

Skatty ah yes you have a point there re shopping! Must say I haven't bought anything as yet, keep feeling like I should just go and buy something so as to somehow make this pregnancy hit home a bit more - sometimes (only on the odd occassion mind you) I alomst forget I'm pregnant! Cool, I envy you in that you've sorted out where your moving to and that you can just about start packing. I just want to get on with it, I know we're going to move so the sooner we do it the better!
Re names, well from before I got pregnant my OH and I use to have these conversations about baby names (why I don't know!) and we've always both liked the name Otis, and even now we still keep coming back to that name so it may very well be Otis.

I love Otis, he will grow up to be a real cool dude with that name 8)

That's funny you sometimes forget your pregnant, me too! All the awful symptons have gone and I feel fine! I really enjoy shopping anyway and now I have a great excuse. Having a girl was a real surprise but now I am really excited about giving her everything I would have loved when I was a little girl! I'll try and make sure she is not a spoiled brat though!

I am looking forward to just getting the moving over and done with. Its always stressful isn't it? At least this will be our permanent home this time and once its all unpacked we won't have to do it a again for a long time, if ever!

What is the house in WGC like? I don't really know the area but I know its suåposed to be really nice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back