is this normal

skyraaa

Reaction score
my baby is 8weeks 2day, im breastfeeding but it seems all she wants 2 do when shes awake is feed, iv tried dummies but she doesnt like them
its just a circle at the mo she wakes is happy 4 about 10mins lol then crys 4 booby feeds 4 a while then falls asleep it just seems she is constantly attached
do u think shes going through a growth spurt i hope not lol shes already biff she was 7lb 11 at birth and at 6weeks she was 11lb 6 lol i dred 2 think wot she is now at 8weeks

Babies of this age do feed a lot and the weight isnt bad sounds like your girl is very healthy and thats due to you :clap:
my boy was 8lb 10 when he was born now a days over 7lb is seen as pretty normal babies are bigger.
For the first few months we our milking machines this will space out more at 3 months Collier went from every 2 hour feeds to 3 hours through the day.
Hang in there hun your doing great job it is hard work :hug: i know sometimes i felt like pulling my hair out
your baby is thriving :D be proud of your self and boobs for helping your child grow 8)

ewww thank u 4 ur replies i really apprieciate it.
i think im just gonna sit around with my boobs out just waitin 4 next feed lol shouldent b 2 long, xxxx :hug:

Esme was 8 weeks yesterday too and spent the whole day from 09.00am to past midnight on the boob, Dh had her for 30 mins and she screamed and ate her hand like she was starving!!

I can totally sympathise, Esme is sleeping today to make up for being fully awake and eating all day yesterday, how is your LO today?

skyraaa said:
my baby is 8weeks 2day, im breastfeeding but it seems all she wants 2 do when shes awake is feed, iv tried dummies but she doesnt like them
its just a circle at the mo she wakes is happy 4 about 10mins lol then crys 4 booby feeds 4 a while then falls asleep it just seems she is constantly attached
do u think shes going through a growth spurt i hope not lol shes already biff she was 7lb 11 at birth and at 6weeks she was 11lb 6 lol i dred 2 think wot she is now at 8weeks

Sounds normal to me for a BF baby hun :)

And your LO isn't biff at all. My son was 9lb 15ozs at birth and at 6 weeks weighed 12lb 8ozs and at 8 weeks clocked in at 13lb 9ozs :shock: At 6 months he was double his birth weight and was over 20lb :D Yay for boobie milk :cheer: :cheer:

sounds exactly like my little girl....... if she's awake she's wanting to be on boobie or crying to be on boobie.

I do manage to express one bottle a day so that DH can give her a feed at 10:30 so I can have an early night but apart from that it's ruddy hard work!

It's perfectly normal hun :hug: :hug:

I think my boobs have been out of my bra more than they've been in since Lola was born :lol:

thanks 4 ur replies :hug:
shes not been 2 bad the last couple of days but still feeding more then every 2 hours little booby monster lol. shes quite goodv at night tho she feeds alot up till about 11.30 then she will sleep till 7 most nights

:cheer: booby milks the best lol :cheer:

cor, you're getting some good sleep there!!!

connor fed every 1.5/2 hours right up til he was 6 months... but he's cut back massively now and i kinda miss it :(

That long sleep shows your doing a fab job hun.. Boobies rock.. . :cheer:

yeah im loving my sleep at the mo sure it wont last lol
purple13 i think id be pulling my hair out if summer woke 4 a feed that often at night well done u must have been shattered

summers got her jabs tomorro not lookin forward 2 that my poor lil girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back