is it better to BD every night leading upto OV or just the two days my OV Kit tells??

lisalegs11

Reaction score
Just wanted some opinions on BD'ing before OV.

In the past I have pounced on the Hubby nearly every night leading upto what I calculated as my OV days but have had no joy with a BFP. So this time round I have brought a Clearblue Ovulation test kit and it says it detects the 2 days you are most fertile so u should BD in these two days?!!

Am I correct in saying that sperm needs a few days to recover and so its best to do it every other day? The only problem is I'm scared of missing my OV then!!?

Help!
Xxxxhelp!!!!

Hey hun, they say you have the best chance of concieveing by BDing before OV, the further past OV you get the less chance there is. remember the OV tests detect surge so OV will happen 12-36 hours after surge.

I am trying the sperm meets egg plan this month (i've posted a thread about it in TTC)

The basics are you BD every other night up till you get a positive OV test then BD 3 nights in a row, skip a night then give it one last shot.

hope this helps!

I am living proof that it's better to BD coming up to your OV and not every single day. Heres what I did this cycle...

CD1-5 - AF
CD6
CD7
CD8 - BDed
CD9 - BDed
CD10
CD11
CD12 - BDed
CD13 - BDed
CD14 - BDed
CD15
CD16 - +ve OPK
CD17 - FF calculated OV
CD18 - 1DPO
CD19 - 2DPO, BDed
CD20 - 3DPO
CD21 - 4DPO, BDed
CD22 - 5DPO
CD23 - 6DPO, BDed
CD24 - 7DPO, BDed
CD25 - 8DPO, very faint BFP on cheapy and CB
CD26 - 9DPO
CD27 - 10DPO, BFP on FR at 3pm
CD28 - 11DPO, BFP on FR and cheapy FMU

Good luck xxx

Maybe this is where we have been going wrong because I have a 26 day cycle and I've always started BD'ing on the 10th to 14th days thinking that's when I ovulate!

Are you guys saying its best to BD even AFTER ovulation??

I'm on CD9 now, do u think I should nudge the hubby to start BD'ing tonight then??

Xx

As the egg only lasts about 12-24 hours after ovulation, there doesn't seem much point (other than for, like, fun ;-) ) in BD more than one day after this has taken place as there won't be any egg there to fertilise. Altho there's no harm in it either!

If it was possible, I kinda think BD every other day for a week & half around your fertile time would give best results as hopefully there'd always be a supply of :sperm: around for when the egg popped out!

Last cycle we BD everyday CD8 - CD12. I got my positive OPK on CD11 and got a positive pregnancy test. So I think every woman is different. And probably every cycle is different too. I just know that this cycle (I've had a miscarriage) I am going to BD everyday during my fertile period just like before.

Maybe this is where we have been going wrong because I have a 26 day cycle and I've always started BD'ing on the 10th to 14th days thinking that's when I ovulate!

Are you guys saying its best to BD even AFTER ovulation??

I'm on CD9 now, do u think I should nudge the hubby to start BD'ing tonight then??

Xx

I have a 26 day cycle and done exactly the same with BD'ing last cycle and it didn't work for us either :cry:

I think though as far as the BD'ing goes leading up to OV it depends on how long the sperm will live and that can vary despite what you read, if your 'enviroment' is more hostile they won't live for as long as they might in someone else. I think the more EWCM you have the better. Well this is what i've gathered from the internet so I maybe wrong, but it's how i've come to understand what I've been reading.

If you ovulate on CD12 like me (normally, this month is a mess) then I'd try BD'ing tonight, skip tomorrow and then BD again CD11 & 12

I think though as far as the BD'ing goes leading up to OV it depends on how long the sperm will live and that can vary despite what you read, if your 'enviroment' is more hostile they won't live for as long as they might in someone else. I think the more EWCM you have the better. Well this is what i've gathered from the internet so I maybe wrong, but it's how i've come to understand what I've been reading.

That's what I'd garnered off the internet too.

With the EWCM it was saying the spermies can last as long as 3-5 days
Without they might have a much shorter lifespan (24-48 hours?)

I've also read that too frequent BDing (every day) can cause the quality of the sperm to decrease but who knows how it applies to an individual?

Thanks ladies for all your help!!!!

Congrats to 1978 and i am so sorry to hear that Dita!!! I know it sounds a silly question but was the miscarriage any different to a normal heavy period? the only reason i ask is that i was sure iwas preg last month but didn't want to test, i have since had a VERY heavy period which has lasted 7 days ( mine only usually last 3 days!!) an it was really painful!! Somthing just makes me think i had a MC!!

So i am going to start BD'ing tonight and hopefully every night for a week now just to make sure! The hubby actually HATES this time of month because he feels so under pressure bless him!!

xx

Hi Lisa! No honey, it just feels like a normal period for me... started bleeding on Saturday and basically stopped now. I was only 4+1. I've had a miscarriage at around the 6.5 week mark as well, and again, that was just the same as a normal period for me.

I would probably go with your gut instinct hun, I really do believe that sometimes you just 'know' these things, and from what I've read, something like 25% of women will have had a chemical but just never know about it. I will definitely not be testing before my period is due again, probably won't test now until it's a week late to save all this heartache!

Good luck with :bd: ing hun, I truly believe that you should just go for it during your fertile time, hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back